Moto Helmets

hey rez... if you are spending big money on a lid i would go with the new technoligy they got in the 6d helmet.
http://www.6dhelmets.com/

Not flashy enough for my taste.... :smirk:.... nice looking helmets, didn't read all fo the info on them but sounds legit. never heard of them before...:noidea: PLUS that might be out of my range to spend... The brands/models I listed are in the $400 range, anothe $300 is a bit much for a FRQ.... :devil:

That'd be like puttign in an awesome sound system in my house and all I listen to is the news!!!

seriously rez.... not flashy enough? when i put a lid on my head that is the last thing i think about. sure if you have options then go for looks but safety first. watch the vid in the link rez... FRQing you still need a good lid. you dont have to be hucking 100 ft jumps to take a good one and make yourself a herp a derp for the rest of your life.

ill tell you right now if i had 750 in my pocket right now id be buying that helmet. unfortunitly i do not and it is about time for a new lid so i will be finding a cheaper model. Sucks and i hate putting a price tag on safety but cash rules everything around me.... get the money dolla dolla bill yall :smirk:

ps.... you oblviously have never listened to the news in THX surround sound with a good system... the news will never be the same :smirk:

seriously rez.... not flashy enough? when i put a lid on my head that is the last thing i think about. sure if you have options then go for looks but safety first. watch the vid in the link rez... FRQing you still need a good lid. you dont have to be hucking 100 ft jumps to take a good one and make yourself a herp a derp for the rest of your life.

ill tell you right now if i had 750 in my pocket right now id be buying that helmet. unfortunitly i do not and it is about time for a new lid so i will be finding a cheaper model. Sucks and i hate putting a price tag on safety but cash rules everything around me.... get the money dolla dolla bill yall :smirk:

ps.... you oblviously have never listened to the news in THX surround sound with a good system... the news will never be the same :smirk:

I like what you say TraV and agree 99.9%... the part about being flashy, kind of joking, if I weren't safety oriented I'd be looking on the $99-150 rack... If you remember what my current lid looks like.... red, maroon (not moron) and Beeeeright orange flames... it's a TLD Snell/DOT approved, not sure of the levels though.

As for the audio portion.... I can only imagnine how KFWB wold sound in surround sound.... NEWWWWWS 98!!!! and now for the traffic.... :shocked:

you can get a safe helmet for that price.... all the helmets i ever owned was in that range... i paid 50 for my current shift helmet. its done me good but ive thankfully never had to test it. Does not do so well with puke tho... tends to make it splash up into your goggles

you can get a safe helmet for that price.... all the helmets i ever owned was in that range... i paid 50 for my current shift helmet. its done me good but ive thankfully never had to test it. Does not do so well with puke tho... tends to make it splash up into your goggles

Safe - possibly however there are different levels of safe! :prof:

As for the puke - I'm thinking the smell might be a sign for a replacement! :noidea:

Bought a new "folding" mirror... not a generic clamp on type. This one had both factory mount and clamp on if you needed it... I was able to mount it onto the post for the factory mirror...

Bought a new jersey and checked out some new skid lids... Shoei's on the top of the list right now, :thumb: the TLD "Piston" and Bell moto 21 (or ? model they now have) :noidea:
Before you buy, you need to try them on :prof: I can tell to the Bell and the TLD should fit you differently unless your head is pliable. The Bell seems to be designed for more of a round crowned head and the TLD (same as Shoei) designed for more of an oval (egghed) :smirk:

I saw some Bell Moto's on sale and really wanted one. Went to Bert's Mega Mall to try them on soon as I slipped it on to my head I could tell, and probably everyone else in the store, it wasn't the right design for my egghead.

Seriously though, never buy a helmet before trying it on. :thumb:

Before you buy, you need to try them on :prof: I can tell to the Bell and the TLD should fit you differently unless your head is pliable. The Bell seems to be designed for more of a round crowned head and the TLD (same as Shoei) designed for more of an oval (egghed) :smirk:

I saw some Bell Moto's on sale and really wanted one. Went to Bert's Mega Mall to try them on soon as I slipped it on to my head I could tell, and probably everyone else in the store, it wasn't the right design for my egghead.

Seriously though, never buy a helmet before trying it on. :thumb:

I went to Chapparral and tried ALL of them on..... even different sizes... I DO know that an XXL is too big. as for the fit on the head, most were the same to me... the Shoei will take some getting used to due to the padding that goes under the jaw... Tried on the Arai, that one seemed to fit more of a round head... :crazy:

I went to Chapparral and tried ALL of them on..... even different sizes... I DO know that an XXL is too big. as for the fit on the head, most were the same to me... the Shoei will take some getting used to due to the padding that goes under the jaw... Tried on the Arai, that one seemed to fit more of a round head... :crazy:
For me, the Arai and Bell fit the same. More of a round head design. In my opinion, the Arai and Shoei are the two top helmets and for my head the Shoei fits best. I don't know anything about the new 6D helmet that is out but I can tell you at this point I will never be shelling out $700 for a helmet.

As far as the padding around the jaw for the Shoei, they have different thicknesses you can get so you don't feel like a chip monk. :smirk:

For me, the Arai and Bell fit the same. More of a round head design. In my opinion, the Arai and Shoei are the two top helmets and for my head the Shoei fits best. I don't know anything about the new 6D helmet that is out but I can tell you at this point I will never be shelling out $700 for a helmet.

As far as the padding around the jaw for the Shoei, they have different thicknesses you can get so you don't feel like a chip monk. :smirk:

Yeah, the salesman told me that...(padding), I feel the same about the 6D... I have a hard time paying almost $500 ... :shocked:

Place in Fullerton that is helmets mostly has a great selection. I think it's motohelmets dot com. Place is on Commonwealth by the airport.

Edit: confirmed that's the place.