Mocos Del Mar

SRAD97750

Staff member
Pulled my 1959 Wizard out of storage today.
Hoping to give her a facelift and get on the water this spring.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

75 HP Evinrude 2T
Needs carpet, seating overhaul, new bilge pumps, and some small repairs here and there.

This thread is to document the make-over and document future boating excursions!!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Pulled my 1959 Wizard out of storage today.
Hoping to give her a facelift and get on the water this spring.

View attachment 20525

View attachment 20526

View attachment 20524

View attachment 20527

View attachment 20528

View attachment 20529

View attachment 20530

75 HP Evinrude 2T
Needs carpet, seating overhaul, new bilge pumps, and some small repairs here and there.

This thread is to document the make-over and document future boating excursions!!

When you're all done fixing her up you can cal it the SS DANdy... :smirk:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Sunday was engine day!
Cleaned the carbs, purged the fuel pump, removed the spark plugs, cranked it over. Fast, rhythmic, cranking. :thumb:
Reassembled the engine components, ran fresh premixed fuel though a clean hose.
Choke, push the key in, cranked over maybe twice and fired to life!
I idled her down and within 2 minutes it idles with the choke and warm up levers off.

Little blip blip of the throttle and this thing sounds mean!

063.JPG

065.JPG

066.JPG

068.JPG

070.JPG

072.JPG

074.JPG

078.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eg42ae197U

Planning on having a float test in the next two weeks.

d0de92870895f69cf06b70ec15dd6d3d89b0fef62144a2c0743102d8e11755bb.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
Did the ol' strip and rip this weekend.
Tore out the fuel tank, dash board, and old gauges.
The main deck was 1/2 inch rotting plywood in the middle, so I took a circular saw to the main deck to expose the stringers and cleaned up with a shop vac. The remaining wood was in usable condition and dry.
We are going to install stringers perpendicular to the existing structure to bring some serious rigidity to this fiberglass boat. They will be off the hull for proper drainage.
We will be using 3/4 hardwood with tapered edges to replace the deck. Should provide perimeter drainage instead of center of deck puddling.
We will be completely fiber glassing the interior of the boat with new. This should be an extremely water tight vessel.

4.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

Did the ol' strip and rip this weekend.
Tore out the fuel tank, dash board, and old gauges.
The main deck was 1/2 inch rotting plywood in the middle, so I took a circular saw to the main deck to expose the stringers and cleaned up with a shop vac. The remaining wood was in usable condition and dry.
We are going to install stringers perpendicular to the existing structure to bring some serious rigidity to this fiberglass boat. They will be off the hull for proper drainage.
We will be using 3/4 hardwood with tapered edges to replace the deck. Should provide perimeter drainage instead of center of deck puddling.
We will be completely fiber glassing the interior of the boat with new. This should be an extremely water tight vessel.

View attachment 20965

View attachment 20963

View attachment 20966

View attachment 20964

View attachment 20967

Quite the project Biggy D... BTW, it appears you have to be in the "PRONE" position in order to drive this tug with the steering wheel where it's located... might consider raising it up just a bit so you can see over the bow .... UNLESS you plan on putting in a couple of portholes up front... :smirk:... :popcorn:... as you were, carry on!