Missing parts for crf250r (Help)

Sooo Considering the fact i know nothing about mechanics and what not, Knowing you guys are experts, what all is missing from the bike? Also, How much would it be for all of the parts because they are gone?20151107_134158.jpg 20151107_140035.jpg 20151107_140039.jpg 20151107_134137.jpg

Sooo considering the fact you have the other bike there sitting next to the bin bike I think you probably know what's missing, know about bikes and can't be bothered doing the research to find the parts?
Start with a microfische and see what you have or dont have already but to satisfy your OP, tank, bars, levers, front MC, throttle, grips, subframe seat side panels, top end of engine all associated mount bolts for said parts and so much more!!!!
Will OBVIOUSLY COST THOUSANDS to put right so bin it and stop wasting your life on a suspect bottom ended bare chassis! The other thing missing would be any hint of common sense :poke:
Soz,quick edit-:picard:

Sooo considering the fact you have the other bike there sitting next to the bin bike I think you probably know what's missing, know about bikes and can't be bothered doing the research to find the parts?
Start with a microfische and see what you have or dont have already but to satisfy your OP, tank, bars, levers, front MC, throttle, grips, subframe seat side panels, top end of engine all associated mount bolts for said parts and so much more!!!!
Will OBVIOUSLY COST THOUSANDS to put right so bin it and stop wasting your life on a suspect bottom ended bare chassis! The other thing missing would be any hint of common sense :poke:
Soz,quick edit-:picard:
Little bit hostile? haha... but foreal, its not mine i posted for a friend. :noidea: and thanks for letting me know what was missing. :thumb::smirk:

Last edited:
You basically got told how those of us who have assembled useful bikes from half full baskets. Some of us have taken those parts piles and made race winning rigs. The parts suppliers like chapparal and bike bandit have very useable directories that make it easy to find out what you are missing and what to budget for. It is so easy to do.

Being shallow in the knowledge department is a place I have found myself many times. Never have I been or acted helpless.

Last edited:
You basically got told how those if us who have assembled useful bikes from hakf full baskets. Some of us have taken those parts piles and made race winning rigs. The parts suppliers like chapparal and bike bandit have very useable directories that make it easy to find out what you are missing and what to budget for. It is so easy to do.

Being shallow in the knowledge department is a place I have found myself many times. Never have I been or acted helpless.

In other words you are a well seasoned bullshitter.

SRAD97750

Staff member
The learning experience alone is worth it.

I've bought bikes where there were ZERO components assembled. Not even the wheels had spokes assembled.
This is a walk in the park, comparatively. But, probably about $1000-1500 away from ridable.

Complete top-end, head, exhaust, carburetor, airbox, and cables will complete the motor.
Fairings, tank, seat, bars, and levers.

Looks like a fine project. Ebay will certainly be your friend. Maybe find a parts bike for cheap that has the missing components. :noidea:
Let us know what happens!
If he didn't pay hardly anything for the bike, then he's probably in good shape to have a nice vehicle for about it's current worth.

The learning experience alone is worth it. -BIG DAN:thumb:

The learning experience alone is worth it.

I've bought bikes where there were ZERO components assembled. Not even the wheels had spokes assembled.
This is a walk in the park, comparatively. But, probably about $1000-1500 away from ridable.

Complete top-end, head, exhaust, carburetor, airbox, and cables will complete the motor.
Fairings, tank, seat, bars, and levers.

Looks like a fine project. Ebay will certainly be your friend. Maybe find a parts bike for cheap that has the missing components. :noidea:
Let us know what happens!
If he didn't pay hardly anything for the bike, then he's probably in good shape to have a nice vehicle for about it's current worth.

The learning experience alone is worth it. -BIG DAN:thumb:
Thanks Bud

If you were to order all new and oem it would be a very pricy build, and not advantageous imo

Luckily CRF's get parted out on ebay all the time.
Top end is missing, obviously, jug and head are pricy, even more so once you put a cam and valvetrain in the head.
And then you get to ask yourself if the bottom end is in usable condition.

If you were to order all new and oem it would be a very pricy build, and not advantageous imo

Luckily CRF's get parted out on ebay all the time.
Top end is missing, obviously, jug and head are pricy, even more so once you put a cam and valvetrain in the head.
And then you get to ask yourself if the bottom end is in usable condition.

you've built a couple of them and had all the parts already. wasn't it about 2k each time?

I don't think I would ask myself that/:ride:

What are you asking yourself?