Pro MILLSAPS ON KTM

Freelance photographer Will Topete sent us this spy pic of Davi Millsaps testing a KTM for Rockstar Energy Racing. This isn't a shocker, as rumors have been swirling of the Rockstar team possibly going orange (or even blue) for 2014. Remember, while the team has had great success racing Suzukis this year, they've been pretty clear that they have not gotten the level of factory support from the yellow folks that they would have liked. Perhaps KTM or Yamaha will come to the rescue?
We have to say, this deal looks awfully far along when you consider this #18 bike already has custom made graphics with Rockstar and other team sponsors on it.
58151_1005482_10150316454479955_818802050_n_521.jpg
It was confirmed by FMF that Millsaps is on the KTM​

Damn, he looks big on that bike. More power to him. I would like to see if someone else can make that bike work for them. It was fairly obvious that KTM had nothing for Kawi or Honda last weekend.

Suzuki is really going to regret not stepping up especially since Milsaps was a contender in SX last season...... but then again Milsaps may only take to Suzukis since all his best results came from riding that color...

All you hear about during the Motocross telecasts is how Dungey et. all are continually making all these changes to their bikes and going backwards. I hope they can figure something out, having everyone race a KTM is one way of doing it......

All you hear about during the Motocross telecasts is how Dungey et. all are continually making all these changes to their bikes and going backwards. I hope they can figure something out, having everyone race a KTM is one way of doing it......
True and you hear the same setting changes happening in the Kawi camp as well. Granted RV is smokin' fast and nobody is catching him, but how come you're not hearing about those blue bikes making changes and seeing them in the tv view each week? :noidea:

True and you hear the same setting changes happening in the Kawi camp as well. Granted RV is smokin' fast and nobody is catching him, but how come you're not hearing about those blue bikes making changes and seeing them in the tv view each week? :noidea:
Ok, restated, there seems to be more emphasis on the changes in the KTM's camp on the suspension cause it SUCKS for the US but apparently it is good in Europe so it remains.

You REALLY think it has to do with the bike? Really? Suzuki is prolly one of the better bikes out their or at least on par with the Kawi. It's all about the $$$'s and Suzuki's heart isn't in it anymore. Yamaha's either. JGR is the $$'s and no where near what KTM is pouring into it. Honda either.

BTW - winning Supercross/Motocross/Nascar/Gocarts/Chariot/Wheelchair/et. all doesn't sell bikes. If that was true, there would be a lot more Suzuki's out there with what Charmicael did on his bike.

Have a nice day:hug:

Suzuki is really going to regret not stepping up especially since Milsaps was a contender in SX last season...... but then again Milsaps may only take to Suzukis since all his best results came from riding that color...

just my guess, but Suzuki is broke.

Ok, restated, there seems to be more emphasis on the changes in the KTM's camp on the suspension cause it SUCKS for the US but apparently it is good in Europe so it remains.

You REALLY think it has to do with the bike? Really? Suzuki is prolly one of the better bikes out their or at least on par with the Kawi. It's all about the $$$'s and Suzuki's heart isn't in it anymore. Yamaha's either. JGR is the $$'s and no where near what KTM is pouring into it. Honda either.

BTW - winning Supercross/Motocross/Nascar/Gocarts/Chariot/Wheelchair/et. all doesn't sell bikes. If that was true, there would be a lot more Suzuki's out there with what Charmicael did on his bike.

Have a nice day:hug:

I agree, considering that the suspension is not that of what comes stock. These teams are running the air shocks now and we saw what happen to Dungey in supercross when his shock broke right before his heat race. He went back to the standard shock and won the main.

I do agree that it is not all the time that when someone wins it sells the machine, though it does help. KTM has goals and the one they have achieved them all but one....The Supercross #1 plate, so they are going to throw all efforts at getting that plate. I think it was a good move to sponsor the Rockstar team as Suzuki was not giving them the support they needed. I am sure if another team stepped up and offered a better program, we would be seeing Millsaps on a diff color bike.

I agree, considering that the suspension is not that of what comes stock. These teams are running the air shocks now and we saw what happen to Dungey in supercross when his shock broke right before his heat race. He went back to the standard shock and won the main.

I do agree that it is not all the time that when someone wins it sells the machine, though it does help. KTM has goals and the one they have achieved them all but one....The Supercross #1 plate, so they are going to throw all efforts at getting that plate. I think it was a good move to sponsor the Rockstar team as Suzuki was not giving them the support they needed. I am sure if another team stepped up and offered a better program, we would be seeing Millsaps on a diff color bike.
The winning and selling machines, I still can't get there. There are really no Kawasaki's out there in the desert to speak of. I know they are a motocross bike but there are a LOT of CRF450R's in the desert so that isn't it. They have dominated the 250 class for years and RV has for a bit now.

Like you said, they don't ride stock bikes so I don't care what they are winning on, it has no impact on what I am going to buy. Just like commercials. A waste of time on me. Now phone solicitors, I am all over that. Man, that shit is FUN stuff:lol:

When I was buying bikes for my son when he was 4, then 6, then 8, then... as he grew out of them, the farthest thing from my mind was who was winning on a $200K race bike. My son is now 14 and I am looking for a bike for him as he is now 6'2 and 200lbs:eek: In our situation, I will be buying the bike so I will be making the decision. Who is the current #1 plate holder in Supercross/Motocross/Endurocross or anything else will never enter the picture. My experience with previous bikes along with my friends experiences with their bikes will play the biggest part in that decision. That and the type of riding he likes to do. He is pretty mellow and just likes to cruise. Might just get a trailer and tow him around:smirk:

This is the targeted marketing group... They are gonna grow up wanting to ride the same bikes as their favorite pro...View attachment 17486

You are right on with that M33... NASCAR still banks on that image with the adult following!

There are different markets out there...
* the followers - what they're winning on
* the consumer - what's the best buy for the buck
* the explorers - what's new, exciting and most of all...different

Pros and cons to eqach of them

:thumb: