Pro Mike Alessi

In years past I have often been on the Alessi hate wagon, but I have to say that this I have been impressed with the improvements in both his riding, and his attitude personality :thumb:
http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/08/22/racer-x-films-in-the-spotlight-mike-alessi
Alessi has always been strong outdoors, but blows in SX. I still stink he has too much of his Dad in him and he needs to drop that attitude and release it will not get you anywhere. I do not think he will be a threat to the championship next year in the outdoors.

I think he knows that this is the last step until he is out the door. And I really dont think he wants to go get a 9-5. Tony is Mikes biggest downfall. How is your trainer wider than he is tall? And how do you get riding lessons from a guy that hasn't been on a bike in 20 years and probably gasses himself out just throwing a leg over a bike.

From what I heard nobody in the industry wants to work with them and the motoconcepts guys were desperate for results and didn't really have a solid program put together so they just backed the Alessi Camp.

He is doing good this year, but what if stewart, reed, villo, and trey were healthy all year. What place would Alessi be racing for then?

Alessi rides well, very well, but he's hit or miss.... He also lacks the endurance of the other riders for some reason. He gets great starts and then fades rapidly. I'm not sure why he struggles with endurance, Maybe the stress of his father is worn on him or hangs like some kind of albatross, we can only speculate.... He seems to be riding better than most this year and maybe he finally got his confidence back after that horrific crash 4-5 years ago...
http://youtu.be/PYSAApmCxVw

I have to agree that he finally seems to have a decent attitude. However, like several other riders the crashes have taken their toll. It's not only that insane one from a few years back. There have been plenty of others. Only this year has his endurance reached the point that he doesn't fade too badly at the end of the moto.

I have to agree that he finally seems to have a decent attitude. However, like several other riders the crashes have taken their toll. It's not only that insane one from a few years back. There have been plenty of others. Only this year has his endurance reached the point that he doesn't fade too badly at the end of the moto.

But the thing is he is only racing dungey. Dungey is not going to hang it out on the ragged edge. He is only going to have to ride as fast as he has to. I think if there were more fast guys the pace would be much faster and he would fade quicker

But the thing is he is only racing dungey. Dungey is not going to hang it out on the ragged edge. He is only going to have to ride as fast as he has to. I think if there were more fast guys the pace would be much faster and he would fade quicker

Yeah I agree 100%. If all the riders top were healthy Alessi might still get a holeshot, but he would come in at around fifth or sixth instead of second.

Yeah I agree 100%. If all the riders top were healthy Alessi might still get a holeshot, but he would come in at around fifth or sixth instead of second.

It would be interesting to see what the lap times where last year in the outdoors compared to this year. I would be willing to bet last year was a little faster.

Im not knocking Dungey he is an awesome rider and I would love for him to beat the fast guys for a championship. BUT he is smart. Why run last years pace when you don't have to. All you have to do is beat Alessi.