Metcalf Hare scramble

So for the past couple weeks I have been to have the pleasure of joining my dad's mountain bike group here up in San Jose. One of the guys we ride with is Kris and we have been talking about the new Beta 300 RR. Well this last week he pulled the trigger and went out and bought one. While talking to him he mention that District 36 is holding a hare scramble at one of the local riding parks. He mentioned that he was going to go race it this weekend and if i wanted to tag a long, he would welcome the support since this was going to be his first race. So CDA being awesome as always, gave me the keys to the number 5 and lent me the sweet pink Red bull helmet! Dustin530pic.JPG
So this is right when i showed up. That is our buddy Kris's Tacoma in the back ground. Instead of showing up though with the Beta Kris showed up with his Ktm 450 which kinda bummed me out a little. I was looking forward to check out the new beta, but regardless it was still pretty fun.

So time finally came to go down to the inspection and then the starting line. He was getting nervous because he became really chatty all of a sudden, but it was all good because he just started to quote CDA, " I'm just here to have fun! Just another day on the trail!" IMG_3426.JPG

Had some vintage bikes out there like this dude, but regardless of the bike these old dudes ripped all day! IMG_3429.JPG

So he lined up and the bomb dropped. He was fifth into the first corner, but got bunched up and pushed off the track a little bit and drifted back a little. Here he is coming in to the check after the first lap. IMG_3437.JPG

Having some fun in the motocross sections! IMG_3446.JPG

All in all it was a good day! No crashes or broken bones. Kris was all smiles and thumbs up at the end of the day. I had fun cheering him on from the side lines, looking at the local talent, and able to do a little throttle twisting even though it was pavement. Still not a bad way to spend a weekend in my books.

Sweet report JR. Looks like it was a good day out there and Kris said he had a good time. It would have been fun to moto it. I'm sure he would have had a better time on the new 300.:ride:

Yeah he wants to run the Duel sport ride, being put on by pock i dots (i think) on his 450. Then after that just race the 300 from then on.

I know been trying to work on that, but the way things are going, i think i might be able to swing thanks giving. Also if things go well with LAPD i think my bike will be parked on the milk crate for a while.

I know been trying to work on that, but the way things are going, i think i might be able to swing thanks giving. Also if things go well with LAPD i think my bike will be parked on the milk crate for a while.

Well come out and line up before you get on the force!

Oh that will definitely happen! I need at least one good last ride before putting the bike on the milk create for while or even looking at a new bike for the milk create.

Off topic but they are starting two academies up here and looking really hard for recruits, if you know anyone that isn't getting up on the list where you are.

yeah, still here. I have a few friends still on apd. just got back from chasing moose.

I'm good! I've had the pleasure of seeing baby moose in real life and i'm totally good. I was up in anchorage at the military base and heard stories of those moose chasing Military rangers and SF out of area's because they can't shoot them. I have also seen what happens to a car if you hit a moose. The moose kinda just laugh's and walks away!