medical induced emotion

Has anybody out there ever been on surgical break from everyday activities and found them self in a depressed like state? I've felt like shit in all ways shape and form since they first few weeks after surgery. I got the gear and bike ready to go, and felt a lot better after that, and I'm returning to light training Friday, and I take a lot of vitamins and such, but I still feel moderately awful every day not being able to do so much. I have no physical pain but almost feel sick. I'm sorry, its a stupid question, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?. Thanks for everything, typically I don't talk about personal problems on here.

i get depressed and just in a weird mood when i do nothing for more than a couple hours. If its more than a day or 2 i start to go crazy. I think you just have a case of cabin fever

Not from surgery, But in the hospital none the less. It sucks, but once you get back in the groove you will forget all about it. I'm just now finally getting back on my feet in a somewhat normal day. While in the hospital i never thought it was going to be the same. And some days had rather awful news from doctors, Telling me it won't be the same. Everything works out. 2 days i could not have any visitors besides immediate family, And i knew that but something in my head blocked that and i thought all my friends were just ignoring the fact i was in there. Anyyywaysss, Chip up... I will always love you :hug: :smirk:

when recovering from surgery/ broken bones you'll find that it adds a certain amount of emotional stress. Most of which falls into the lines of depression. Most elderly people that break body parts often become severly depressed and and lose their will to live. Passing on within a year or 2 of their injury. The best thing to do is to keep your mind stimulated through education, reading or other mental challenges such as crosswords riddles or complicated puzzles. This will also increase the body's ability to heal quicker.

Thank you and good night.
-Dr Coldfinger.

I just quoted you quoteing me who quoted a quote... Mind... Is officially blown.

doogie.jpg

dancinelmo.gif

Has anybody out there ever been on surgical break from everyday activities and found them self in a depressed like state? I've felt like shit in all ways shape and form since they first few weeks after surgery. I got the gear and bike ready to go, and felt a lot better after that, and I'm returning to light training Friday, and I take a lot of vitamins and such, but I still feel moderately awful every day not being able to do so much. I have no physical pain but almost feel sick. I'm sorry, its a stupid question, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?. Thanks for everything, typically I don't talk about personal problems on here.
I know exactly how you feel man. Ive been spending time with my girl lately, that always helps. I also started driving again a few days ago, thats helped a lot too. Listening to music is always a good release too.

Thanks everybody, I greatly appreciate it

I know exactly how you feel man. Ive been spending time with my girl lately, that always helps. I also started driving again a few days ago, thats helped a lot too. Listening to music is always a good release too.
Yeah man, I have been talking to this girl I know a lot, and listening to music but the driving thing doesn't help much. I can't make it down the street without driving criticizism, mainly because my foot is lead but anyhow