Mars Rover Curiosty Has Found Something

James

Staff member
According to NASA the Mars rover found something for the history books, details won't be released until later.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/11/21/mars-mystery-curiosity-rover-big-discovery/

My money is that they found an ancient tablet from a now extinct race that says "Save the Twinkies or it'll be the downfall of your race, you don't see us anymore do you?".

:shocked: Scary stuff I tell you....so on and so forth (<-- that was just for you Edge :smirk:).

According to NASA the Mars rover found something for the history books, details won't be released until later.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/11/21/mars-mystery-curiosity-rover-big-discovery/

My money is that they found an ancient tablet from a now extinct race that says "Save the Twinkies or it'll be the downfall of your race, you don't see us anymore do you?".

:shocked: Scary stuff I tell you....so on and so forth (<-- that was just for you Edge :smirk:).

Huh..... kind of looks like Ocotillo Wells..... :shocked:..... :eek:

I think that if they found life, or evidence of life in the past, it will twist the panties of a lot of people here on this blue marble!

Fundamentalist, creationist religions of all walks of life will be turned on their heads!

Science will irrefutably say, in your face, that life happens elsewhere in this universe, and that religion was just a superstition that man created on earth!

Once we can get everyone to believe that in a few thousand years, we can move on as a species, if we don't kill everything in the interim.

Caption... "Nasa have nearly finished testing the new camera on Curiosity and are just about ready to go..."
VWcAU.jpg

Comment... " +Juan for Curiosity"

:lol: I died.

I think that if they found life, or evidence of life in the past, it will twist the panties of a lot of people here on this blue marble!

Fundamentalist, creationist religions of all walks of life will be turned on their heads!

Science will irrefutably say, in your face, that life happens elsewhere in this universe, and that religion was just a superstition that man created on earth!

Once we can get everyone to believe that in a few thousand years, we can move on as a species, if we don't kill everything in the interim.

And so I have to ask if believing that man was born of evolution and man evolved from the ape... then why are there still apes??? :noidea:

Are they still "IN PROCESS"????? :rolleyes:

Well the news conference was earlier today. Didn't watch, but found this quote of a reporters question.

Q (Rob Reynolds, Al Jazeera) - In laymans terms, what is the most important or unexpected finding so far, and 2nd what does the recent hype say about the level of interest from laymen?

A (Grotzinger) - I guess I'll take that one (audience laughs). For the second part of the Q, I guess we have to be careful what we say. Things that we think are great discoveries, but they aren't that interesting publicly. Interest comes after we have a clear understanding what we found (very, very poor paraphrase on my part)