Manassas, VA Who Else Rides in the Area

SRAD97750

Staff member
Nice bike! Welcome to the forum!
How long have you been at the 2 wheels thing?
I'm sure someone is in your area!
Post up a ride report when you get out into the brush next time!-BIG DAN:thumb:

Welcome!!

I'm not in your area...but I'm at least in your same state. :smirk:
I think there are several riders close to your area, or somewhere in Northern VA. I only recognize NOVA as a big shady blur that should not exist. :P

Beautiful bike, man! I hope you stick around with us!

Hahaha big shady blur, in my defense in only live here and am a MN native. Your only right outside Roanoke, I am game for a ride if there is somewhere between us. I don't like the orv park outside Charlottesville/Lynchburg because its 2-way and some hotdog kid on a RM250 hit one of my buddies head-on riding to fast. Maybe taskers gap unless you guys have some secret places like I do.

I also tried registering on vchss forums, but they have yet to activate my account. My observations is they are not responsive.

Thanks for the compliments, after riding bikes for 6 months now switching from quads, it seems I am never satisfied with it. I really only need a flywheel weight to help with stalling in slow,tight stuff. I will periodically check in and hopefully find guys to ride with. Thank you for the reply, Tim

Hahaha big shady blur, in my defense in only live here and am a MN native. Your only right outside Roanoke, I am game for a ride if there is somewhere between us. I don't like the orv park outside Charlottesville/Lynchburg because its 2-way and some hotdog kid on a RM250 hit one of my buddies head-on riding to fast. Maybe taskers gap unless you guys have some secret places like I do.

I also tried registering on vchss forums, but they have yet to activate my account. My observations is they are not responsive.

Thanks for the compliments, after riding bikes for 6 months now switching from quads, it seems I am never satisfied with it. I really only need a flywheel weight to help with stalling in slow,tight stuff. I will periodically check in and hopefully find guys to ride with. Thank you for the reply, Tim

Is that ORV park South Pedlar in the George Washington National Forest? That's where I used to ride, years ago. I've been out of the game for a while, even more so with trail riding. Other than my house, I haven't ridden trails in years but I have a ton of friends who do ride trails and VCHSS (most of them are quickly switching to moto though) South Pedlar is the last place I've been, but this might be what you're looking for http://www.riversedgeoutdoorsllc.com/ They have a lot of singletrack, although I have not heard much about this place.

If you would like, I could ask a couple friends where the best place is! I wish I could ride with you...I'm looking at getting a cheap bike again soon, just waiting for the opportunity.

There are some other guys on the forum that are local to you. I'm not sure they get on too often though.

Is that ORV park South Pedlar in the George Washington National Forest? That's where I used to ride, years ago. I've been out of the game for a while, even more so with trail riding. Other than my house, I haven't ridden trails in years but I have a ton of friends who do ride trails and VCHSS (most of them are quickly switching to moto though) South Pedlar is the last place I've been, but this might be what you're looking for http://www.riversedgeoutdoorsllc.com/ They have a lot of singletrack, although I have not heard much about this place.

If you would like, I could ask a couple friends where the best place is! I wish I could ride with you...I'm looking at getting a cheap bike again soon, just waiting for the opportunity.

There are some other guys on the forum that are local to you. I'm not sure they get on too often though.

Its the only state park down that way so probably is, a lot of switchback, wide open, so capable of high speeds. The rivers edge looks like a great place to ride, to bad it requires a membership or guest of member. I would prefer to just pay for the day as I wouldn't make that drive all the time.

Yeah please feel free to ask around, I also ride on a buddies property in NOVA and built a track also which is nice but sometimes a person needs a change of scenery. That is where I was riding in the video I shared above. Thank you for posting.

Where do you practice? There are a couple places like eagles bay and rte 301 east of I95, but each requires separate membership fees. Both are very challenging also.

I practice at a spot that my friend owns, not challenging, but my friend owns it, so I ride there alot. Also will sometimes head to charles city dirt riders, which requires a membership fee. I want to try out NCMP sometime, looks like a fun place to me.