Man oh man.....

Went to start the bike and during the 2nd kick, the lever shot back up as it try to fire up ? And now when I kick on it the lever doesn't return back up to the normal position after 5 -10 times attempts and I have to manually pull it up every time now ? So I stopped and jumped on here to ask questions....what do you all think ?
03 YZ450

I am COMPLETELY new at this. With that being said, I removed the clutch cover and said "oh shit" and put it back on.
You removed the outer, which is part of removing the inner cover. That, plus removing the kickstart lever, and the water pump (You'll need to put it in gear and have someone hold the rear brake) and you're there, its just the spring that wraps around the shaft the kickstarter rides on

It completely ruined my plans....we are going up north renting a cabin for 5 days. Was gonna be riding alot, but not now !:banghead:

It appears that you have two bikes in your sig line. All is not lost. Time to mix gas and haul ass.

You removed the outer, which is part of removing the inner cover. That, plus removing the kickstart lever, and the water pump (You'll need to put it in gear and have someone hold the rear brake) and you're there, its just the spring that wraps around the shaft the kickstarter rides on
Now it could be the spring broke, it could be more. The spring would be the best bet though. Easy fix!!!

It appears that you have two bikes in your sig line. All is not lost. Time to mix gas and haul ass.

Now it could be the spring broke, it could be more. The spring would be the best bet though. Easy fix!!!
Yeah that's CANESTIME777 JR'S bike....now that I have been on my bike, i'd rather ride the quad.....it's a stroker :stirthepot:
I am gonna try to take it apart tomorrow. .
Why do I put it in gear and why apply the rear brake ?

you can do this one. if you haven't got a manual take some digital pics and use the parts schematic off of bike bandit. no way you will be missing a 5 day trip over a kickstart malfunction.