Malvern Race 7-30-11

Alright, most epic race everrrrr! We left home at about 1:15, sign up at 2:30. I was getting really nervous about the race so I took 1/4 pill of propranolol to take off the edge (used for tremors, nervosness and high blood pressure). We got to the track and I felt good, nice spot and my bike felt great. I went out to practice and did even better, this were working alright. (Dad was inspired by Buck's super fix with the famous pepsi bottle cap on the XR side panels:P) 001.jpg(race team)002.jpg005.jpg
Soon after I went to the rider meet, actually, I pick up my running secdule and blew off the rider meeting. What do i see when I looked down at my race order sheet seeing 250C. The "Oh holy F***ing s*it balls" They didn't have enough gates so they split it 17 to 15 with the gate drop, I was grouped in the fast guys.003.jpg004.jpgI ran my first moto, great start, and finished 10 out of 17 with the fast riders in the first gate drop. Actually I only got passed 2 times but the guys from gate drop 2 so to be honest I got 10-12 out of 32 racers.
006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg023.jpg022.jpg021.jpg020.jpg019.jpg018.jpg017.jpg016.jpg015.jpg014.jpg013.jpg012.jpg009.jpg
When it was over, and I got done I felt great. I went over and was talking to my parents, actually it turns out I was in a battle with a fellow competitor that got pretty extreme, and I won. Even the athorities were impressed by my work. Appearantly some older kid tried to pass me up in a corner and get rough, and I hit my rear tire to his front and it sent him over the bars and busted the clutch lever. He finished and came back later though. I was pretty much racing the whole time, there was always somone around to try to steal my spot but I held my own :thumb: Moto2 rolled around and I placed 12/17 with no passes from the second gate drop so technically I got another 12/32 but it wasn't placed that way. I got 10/12 out of 17 on the points sheet.
024.jpg027.jpg026.jpg025.jpgIn Moto 2 I pulled holeshot, but went wheeling out of the gate. Appearantly the scared my competition and made them back off getting me out in front dude to my slip up. :thinking:

James

Staff member
Nice wheelie and good job. :rocker:
I ran my first moto, great start, and finished 10 out of 17 with the fast riders in the first gate drop. Actually I only got passed 2 times but the guys from gate drop 2 so to be honest I got 10-12 out of 32 racers.
If this was a true 2 gate drop race as in first group sets and drops; then the second group moves up, sets, and drops. You only got 10 out of 17, which is awesome. :thumb:

That track isn't AMA right? Because if there's to many entries at an AMA track they'll usually have a 2 gate drop moto 1 and the top guys from each drop move on to moto 2.

AMA Rulebook:
6. Race Program
If there are more riders in a class than can be
accommodated on the course, the following format is
recommended:
a. Riders are divided into two or more groups, using each
group as a first moto that qualifies them to the second
moto.
b. If two groups are used, the top 15 riders from each
group will advance directly to the second moto. Any
riders not placing in the top 15 will race a last-chance
qualifier where the top 10 finishers transfer to the
second moto. A rider's qualifying finish will count as
their first moto score. Riders transferring from the lastchance
qualifier will receive a first moto score equal​

Nice wheelie and good job. :rocker:

If this was a true 2 gate drop race as in first group sets and drops; then the second group moves up, sets, and drops. You only got 10 out of 17, which is awesome. :thumb:

That track isn't AMA right? Because if there's to many entries at an AMA track they'll usually have a 2 gate drop moto 1 and the top guys from each drop move on to moto 2.

Thanks :cheers: :thumb: Yeah it is 10/17 on the points spread too, and the track is CRA (competitive riders of america), not AMA. I like the CRA series tracks alot more too, and the people are friendlier.

Just a heads up, once the CRA puts the points into the computer and the local photographer puts up the pro picks he took, I'll post those up too. :thumb: