Malcolm Young

Founder and leader of AC/DC Malcolm Young has been gravely ill and has taken leave from the band since earlier this year. It was announced yesterday by the band that he will permanently leave the band, further reports revealed he had indeed suffered a stroke and is in a nursing home, he has dementia and has no short term memory at all. The band has replaced him with his and Angus's cousin Stevie Young and will release a new album later this year, according to the band Malcolm played on 10 tracks of the new record. AC/DC will also tour on it in 2015. As a fan of Malcolm and AC/DC my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Yah, we are all getting older and the bands we cut our teeth on are starting to drop. It's unbelievable that there are some bands and members that should be dead from their drug ingestion, but yet are still kicking. I mean look at keith richards... He has looked dead for the past 15 years, but his inner soul refuese to leave the building.

Yah, we are all getting older and the bands we cut our teeth on are starting to drop. It's unbelievable that there are some bands and members that should be dead from their drug ingestion, but yet are still kicking. I mean look at keith richards... He has looked dead for the past 15 years, but his inner soul refuese to leave the building.

I'd say more like 30 years for Richards.....funny you mentioned him, Malcolm has been compared to him quite often.

I'd say more like 30 years for Richards.....funny you mentioned him, Malcolm has been compared to him quite often.
I was trying to be nice. Last time I saw the RS was when Prince opened for them at the LA Coliseum. An I was close enough to see that little fairy dance around on stage and get booed off. Can't understand why they let him open for such a diehard rocker group... :noidea:

He was good in his own way, but not good enough for die hard Stone lovers.

I was trying to be nice. Last time I saw the RS was when Prince opened for them at the LA Coliseum. An I was close enough to see that little fairy dance around on stage and get booed off. Can't understand why they let him open for such a diehard rocker group... :noidea:

He was good in his own way, but not good enough for die hard Stone lovers.

Yeah the stones and prince, both good musicians, but not the same fan bases.

Prince was on American Bandstand once when he was like 15. He was up there tearing it up. Afterwards the host (Casey Casem?) asked him how many instruments he played, and he says "um,...5000".
I was laughing my ass off.
He was KING back home though.

Prince was on American Bandstand once when he was like 15. He was up there tearing it up. Afterwards the host (Casey Casem?) asked him how many instruments he played, and he says "um,...5000".
I was laughing my ass off.
He was KING back home though.

I believe it was Dick Clark who had American bandstand.