Magura "Jack" Hydraulic Clutch

After about a year of deciding I recently purchased a Magura hydraulic clutch. Brock at Powersport Junkies gave me a great deal and had it delivered to my door within 1 week as promised. It came pre bled and ready for install.
C7278BE8-01E0-4E61-95B4-823D18D9C12F-11153-00000C03DE5063D1_zps7d6e3b5d.jpg

The 1st thing I noticed was that the box was open which always makes me nervous and then I realized Brock probably just dopened it to make sure that all the parts were there. 2nd I realized that it didnt come with an unbreakable/folding lever nor did it come with a container of Magura blood. There is no packing list within the box and the only I could find info wise is that everything else comes in different kits... bleeding kits , adapter kits etc etc.. The instructions were pretty straight forward and in about 30 mins my new Hydro clutch was installed and ready to rip, so I thought. Initial feel was fantastic... about 25% of what it was originally and way smoother feeling. I started the bike up let it run for a couple of minutes and clicked 1st gear. Released the clutch and......nothing....:foul:
I quickly threw the bike back on the stand, yanked the flyweel cover and quickly realized there was no free play in the actuator. I released the actuator from the Magura piston and it returned to the fully engaged position.
As it turns out the slave cylinder piston falls short about a 1/2" from a full engagement of the clutch. Just enough for it to sit there and roast some plates and not move at all.

I called Magura USA but their motorcycle guy left for the day and I was left with a guy from the mountain bike division. He confirmed that I had the right part and that it sounded like everything was installed properly. He also said I really needed to speak to the motorcycle guy about it because he knows every trick.... well until tomorrow or a maybe even later on next week... we shall see.

87EECF12-4EEF-4EDE-9533-9748839D7195-11002-00000BF2C78A52ED_zpse9bab216.jpg

Man that's a real bummer. I have no experience with the Magura or I would try and help. Let me know if you can't get a hold of the Magura guy and I will rattle some cages. If all else fails I will send you a new one and make it right.

:thumb: I know you will... and Thanks... from what I understand Magura is really good about taking care of their customers...

UPDATE:
Finally got a hold of Magura and they are sending me a New Slave Cylinder free of charge but I also had to buy the bleeding kit for a whopping $18. The supplied cylinder matches all the specs for this bike so Magura is not at fault. So the new cylider will have a 6 millimeter longer piston so hopefully that will fix my issue...

I dunno if i heard you wrong, but didn't the clutch not release completly? Wouldn't you need a shorter piston? Or shim the slave somehow?

The opposite, as "engaging" the clutch is actually releasing the lever. If you can't 'release' the lever far enough the clutch will never "engage." -BIG DAN:thumb:
Yeah, I was thinking about that on the way to work tonight, And realized what was going on.