Looking for a new truck

Well, it is time for me to get rid of my 1998 F150 and get a newer vehicle.

First thing is, i know how you guys are, and I know some of you guys will say get an older truck or what not, but i am not looking to get a older truck were i might have to put money into it. I want a newer truck so i don't always have to be fixing something.

I am trying to decide which truck to get as i want to spend no more the 17 grand.

What your opinion on these trucks

2004+ F150 (V8)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Chevy Colorado?

What other trucks should i look into? and if i do decide to go get a car what are some cars are pretty good?

I know I seemed pretty biased on you getting a car but if you want one don't let anyones opinions stand in your way. You just have to remember that trucks are more useful and fun :smirk: If I were you and decided on a car I'd be looking at a gas saver. Have you considered an SUV?

I know I seemed pretty biased on you getting a car but if you want one don't let anyones opinions stand in your way. You just have to remember that trucks are more useful and fun :smirk: If I were you and decided on a car I'd be looking at a gas saver. Have you considered an SUV?

I am really wanting a truck, but have no need for a full size truck as i only will be carrying a dirt bike, so thats why i kinda like the Colorado. The SUV's are just gas hogs and no real use, for me at least haha

I am really wanting a truck, but have no need for a full size truck as i only will be carrying a dirt bike, so thats why i kinda like the Colorado. The SUV's are just gas hogs and no real use, for me at least haha

Yeah a mini truck would be plenty big enough for anything you'd need to haul. The gas mileage between v6 mini trucks and v6 half tons are similar so keep that in mind. I just see it as getting more bang for your buck lol

If you are just going to bro it up, Get a GMC... 5.3 will run you 300k, Go through 2 or 3 rear ends 1 transfer case and 1 transmission. Better gas milage than the ford.But will out ride and drive the ford.

IF you are going to work it, Get a F150, 4.6 will run you 300k 2 rear ends 1 front end a transmission, Will tow and handle weight better then the chevy. Ford will have a harder ride, and not drive as good as the chevy.