Looking for a little help from new friends..

Hi
New to this forum as well as trying to learn more about dirt bikes. Just for kicks I brought home a electric quad and MX500 from craigslist one day along with a bag of used gear from a client. My son killed the quad within weeks but is still having fun riding the Razor back in Santiago Canyon however he is ready for more..more speed..more mud he tells me it goes to slow to get enough mud and dirt on him??? Anyway, so here I am..a bit lost.
What is the next step that makes sense? I was about to purchase a MX650 from craigslist thinking this was the next step however after reading several posts I am now thinking this may be a waste of money.
Son is turning 8 on Friday. I refuse to purchase new but would be interested in anything in good shape and is safe. Is there such thing as a non-razor higher performance electric dirt bike that is not thousands of dollars?
Thank you a ton for any suggestions and places to get something by Friday.

Hi
New to this forum as well as trying to learn more about dirt bikes. Just for kicks I brought home a electric quad and MX500 from craigslist one day along with a bag of used gear from a client. My son killed the quad within weeks but is still having fun riding the Razor back in Santiago Canyon however he is ready for more..more speed..more mud he tells me it goes to slow to get enough mud and dirt on him??? Anyway, so here I am..a bit lost.
What is the next step that makes sense? I was about to purchase a MX650 from craigslist thinking this was the next step however after reading several posts I am now thinking this may be a waste of money.
Son is turning 8 on Friday. I refuse to purchase new but would be interested in anything in good shape and is safe. Is there such thing as a non-razor higher performance electric dirt bike that is not thousands of dollars?

electronic quads? your depriving your son of good healthy carbon Monoxide.. get him something with a internal combustion engine.. electric..ppuufft :rolleyes:

Hi

Welcome to the forum. There's not really anymore electric dirt bike options. Your best bet is to get him a little 4 stroke 3 speed automatic dirt bike

Thanks for the I formation..Spooly, I am trying..spent Saturday night in a cloud of carbon monoxide watching motor cross.
On the Kawasaki and Honda suggestions, is there a place to visit or website that lists used bikes like these? If I find one on craiglist anything to watch out for?
Thanks

Thanks for the I formation..Spooly, I am trying..spent Saturday night in a cloud of carbon monoxide watching motor cross.
On the Kawasaki and Honda suggestions, is there a place to visit or website that lists used bikes like these? If I find one on craiglist anything to watch out for?
Thanks

Here is where I've purchased a few bikes.
http://www.wilsonsmc.com/m_default.asp

http://www.wilsonsmc.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?pov=3335198

http://www.wilsonsmc.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?pov=3565591

http://www.wilsonsmc.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?pov=3565598

http://www.wilsonsmc.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?pov=3578613

Those are a few used that I could post via my phone. Craigslist will have some deals if you know what you're looking for.

http://www.wilsonsmc.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?veh=372701

Thanks

best of luck with your search! the lads here Will point u in the wright direction..keep us posted on what u buy..:D

First off, welcome to the site. I am in Silverado. Your son is turning six, how big is he? Both bikes suggested are great beginner bikes for smaller stature kids but I have seen big six year olds. Gas dirt bikes are great but he won't be riding those up in Santiago.
Non plated bikes are not allowed. If, and I do mean if, a Ranger catches you, he will give you a ticket and possible impound. OC sucks!!!

Hi Palmer84one
My son will be 8 on Friday so we are looking at the 110 max... Trying to find a used one that is in good shaper or equal ...the MX 500 is bigger than a 50 so anything large will work but over 110 would be too much from the feedback I have received.
The Rangers have actually been amazing with our little team of guys..they know they aren't going nuts and a few have already upgraded to small fuel bikes so maybe we have just been lucky or the sheriffs and rangers are kid friendly.
If you hear of anything used that would work, certainly would appreciate a local purchase.

Hi Palmer84one
My son will be 8 on Friday so we are looking at the 110 max... Trying to find a used one that is in good shaper or equal ...the MX 500 is bigger than a 50 so anything large will work but over 110 would be too much from the feedback I have received.
The Rangers have actually been amazing with our little team of guys..they know they aren't going nuts and a few have already upgraded to small fuel bikes so maybe we have just been lucky or the sheriffs and rangers are kid friendly.
If you hear of anything used that would work, certainly would appreciate a local purchase.

That's great that they have been cool. Must be Jay you have ran into, retired CHP, good dude and only volunteer.