Long races

I see there are a lot of point to point racers here. Long distance rides if you will. I know physical fitness and stamina play a large role in this type of racing. Not to mention just the pure enjoyment factor. How long was the longest race you have entered? I myself would like to find out but, I wouldn't know how to prepare for something as long as those races. How do you know what you need for supply's and food.

Not a race, but a race against the sun. From San Filipe to Bay of LA in Baja. 3 stops for fuel and broken bikes, 2 chase trucks. Was a group ride of about 30 of us. 243 miles one way, on the bike all day and pushing it hard for most. Fun times, but your body does not thank you for it. Spent the night and did another route the way back. :thumb:

Baja 500 & 1000. Multiple sections with the longest being 200 miles without getting off the bike. Multiple hare and hounds that were anywhere from 80 miles to 250 in a day. To prepare? Lots of stamina training (running, Mtb, etc) plenty of water, eating right, loading up on carbs 2 days before an event. Plenty of seat time on the bike and making sure it's properly setup. Ride loose, pick your sections to relax ( mostly in the wide open high speed stuff) so you have the energy to tackle the hard sections.

Most of all you need ton ride loose and enjoy yourself or you will battle the bike and conditions all day.

Not a racer, but I've done a couple of 500 mile days. Yea on a dirt bike. On the bike before the sun comes up and not back until after it's down. Several 350 milers. I'm not sure I have those in me anymore as they are tough. I have no idea how people iron man the Baja 1000. That's just insane.

I'll need a better seat on the Beta to go over about 250. It's just so hard and I can only stand so much.

:ride:The longest for me has been 220 miles in a day. From 29Palms to Havasu Palms, then spent a day water skiing, then rode back the next day. I have no idea what it takes to prepare physically for that, I didn't do anything different.

:ride:The longest for me has been 220 miles in a day. From 29Palms to Havasu Palms, then spent a day water skiing, then rode back the next day. I have no idea what it takes to prepare physically for that, I didn't do anything different.
Lots of water days before the ride. That's all I have ever done.

Ask @Rack what he thinks about riding across the dez for a few hours compared to racing 4-5 laps on a motocross track. :lol:
But you need to run the same pace as you would the track in the dez and then compare. I can take care of that for you...:devil: Where's Teagle valley?...:thinking:...:spin: