Long Crappy Days...Can Turn Into Good Days

Thought I would post how my day went. It was a very ironic and frustrating day looking for a Motorcycle in CA. So we will start with last night, found a bike in the bay area about 2.5 hours away. Texted the guy and got some info about the bike, I really liked it and wanted it. Remember this: (Throughout our messages he mentioned to me he hates when people flake on him) I told him I was coming up today with cash in hand. So got the address and left around 10am. Got there at 1230 and he is nowhere to be found, it's a storage unit place and I texted and called him multiple times. Finally he text back saying he spilt water on his phone and ruined the speaker also that he was about a mile down the street at the McDonald's cause his bike broke down. So I go to the McDonald's, no guy no bike. Wait for a wile and text/call still nothing. So this D-bag had me drive 2.5 hours to flake on me, after he told me he hates flakers :finger:

So I contain my anger and leave it at that. I look on Craigslist at more bikes in the bay area and find another. Remember this: (Looks super clean in photos and has new tires, battery, and chain/sprockets. Call the guy and talk to him, he tells me how he hates when people sell crap on Craigslist and say it's in good shape.) So I head to his house about 20 min away. It's about 3 when I get to his house, pull up and he is cleaning the chain on the bike and I notice the wheel is a little crooked and the bearing looked like it was toast. So I look over the bike and it is the filthiest thing I have ever seen. There was a pads worth of brake dust on each wheel. Someone cleaned the bike with heavy duty degreaser and etched the crap out of the aluminum frame and everything else. Headlight mount was home made crap, radiator had zip ties on the bottom mounting tabs. And a bunch of other dents cracks and scratches. Not to mention the battery was bad, front tire is bad, and sprockets look like saw blades. So I ask how old the pictures on Craigslist are. He said 2 years. who the hell does that? Another phuck tard who should not be allowed to use Craigslist. He specifically stated the bike had new parts, the new parts he stated all needed to be replaced.... :finger:

Now it's about 4 o'clock and I'm headed home, then my dad sends me a link on a 1990 Honda VFR750F for $1750. Bike is super clean in photos and said needs nothing in the add and ready to ride. So I call the guy and go check it out, this thing is perfect. Title on hand, reg is just renewed, new tires, new batt, new brakes, new seat cover, new chain/sprockets, new oil and filter, etc. Has a Yoshi pipe and jetted carbs, I just fell in love with the bike. Payed the guy $1700 and went home. I would have payed him $1750 but didn't have change for a $100. By the time I get home it was 830 and I was pooped, but I ended up with this beauty :drool:

Attachments

• 20141109_221341.jpg
    20141109_221341.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 10
Nice catch, there are way to many asswipes that waste peoples time on Craiglist as well as others. I have been advertising my Harley on CL and get a bunch of spastics that want to trade anything they have with no money. Did I say I want to trade for junk? There is usually the right person or item that come along in time. :cheers:

Nice catch, there are way to many asswipes that waste peoples time on Craiglist as well as
others. I have been advertising my
Harley on CL and get a bunch of
spastics that want to trade anything
they have with no money. Did I say I
want to trade for junk? There is
usually the right person or item that
come along in time.
:cheers:

Interesting.....when I post stuff for sale on craigslist here in anchorage, it usually gets sold within 48 hours with no bs, occasional problems, but normally not, must be less dick weeds up here.