Lighting thread.

Yes, its more of a DIY Type thing. If you call him I'm sure he will hook you up with the right mounting hardware, a sick light and Dimmer(baja doesn't offer a dimmer to my knowledge)

The thing I like about bajas is that it's plug and play and utilizes the stock front plate. And yes, they do too offer a dimmer that allows you to preset your low beam at what ever level you like in 5% increments, and the high beam is 100%. It's actually a neat set up and from I read and hear it works awesome, but downside is that is cost like 370 for the light and dimmer.

The thing I like about bajas is that it's plug and play and utilizes the stock front plate. And yes, they do too offer a dimmer that allows you to preset your low beam at what ever level you like in 5% increments, and the high beam is 100%. It's actually a neat set up and from I read and hear it works awesome, but downside is that is cost like 370 for the light and dimmer.

For the similar light and dimmer the ADV Monster model is $180. Downside is you will have to mount it.

For the similar light and dimmer the ADV Monster model is $180. Downside is you will have to mount it.
For a bike that is just adding a light set up for night rides, that's a great deal. Another downside is that I'm so picky about fit and finish and overall looks, I'm going to end up dropping the coin on the squadron from BD. I'm looking daily for a used one though, hopefully one pops up. It's hard to justify such a big price for something that will get little use.

For a bike that is just adding a light set up for night rides, that's a great deal. Another downside is that I'm so picky about fit and finish and overall looks, I'm going to end up dropping the coin on the squadron from BD. I'm looking daily for a used one though, hopefully one pops up. It's hard to justify such a big price for something that will get little use.

Mine is going on my bike that I ride all the time. Im kinda good a DIY fit and finish though. The one I'm buying is the exact dimensions of the OEM headlight. Mine will cost $70 for the light and 60 for the dimmer. This dimmer is much more practical than the baja dimmer too, as its a dial. They also have the baja style dimmer for $45, $5 less then baja.

Mine is going on my bike that I ride all the time. Im kinda good a DIY fit and finish though. The one I'm buying is the exact dimensions of the OEM headlight. Mine will cost $70 for the light and 60 for the dimmer. This dimmer is much more practical than the baja dimmer too, as its a dial. They also have the baja style dimmer for $45, $5 less then baja.
Nice. Put up some pics when it's all done.

NIght ride?

I just threw a HID in my stock light, but it's not enough. I'm looking at getting some extra LED's. More lumens is better.

NIght ride?

I just threw a HID in my stock light, but it's not enough. I'm looking at getting some extra LED's. More lumens is better.

Psshhhh... I rode 18 miles the other night with the stock tiny plastic lense xrr headlight with a High/low 25w/25w bulb with both leads wired together. :devil:

Psshhhh... I rode 18 miles the other night with the stock tiny plastic lense xrr headlight with a High/low 25w/25w bulb with both leads wired together. :devil:

As far as I'm concerned stock dirt bike lights are only good for getting back to the truck in second gear if the sun goes down. I've done over 200 miles of high speed desert riding in a single night. That doesn't happen on a 25 watt headlight.

Now you can get a 250watt stator on that bike and light up the night in a big way. I had 3 HID's on my old XR once. It was too much weight on the headlight shell though so I undid that setup.

As far as I'm concerned stock dirt bike lights are only good for getting back to the truck in second gear if the sun goes down. I've done over 200 miles of high speed desert riding in a single night. That doesn't happen on a 25 watt headlight.

Now you can get a 250watt stator on that bike and light up the night in a big way. I had 3 HID's on my old XR once. It was too much weight on the headlight shell though so I undid that setup.

Im keeping the stock stator and going LED. I dont do high speed dez riding.
WT62_zps86214425.jpg

I like the BD Squadron setup...3600 lumens..:drool: My year bike though will need a stator upgrade to run it, so I am looking into it, but not on the list right now.