South Last minute Sunday ride...

Meet me in the Stoddard area. Trails you probably never been on. Cool stuff. I'll be checking websites till midnight for last minute hook ups... Let's ride !

I don't respond well to that gay TT Intermediate thread lingo. :lol:

But I can meet you anytime after sun up cause I got no lights John. No current registration till MONDAY. Hell this thing may not even have a sparky ! I know it sure as hell has NO KKICKSTAND. I need someone to lean on John !

This is all not my style but I just got the bike today and the dude I bought it from just ain't a law abiding desert rider like me. So the LAW will have to give me one day of fun !

You call the time. I can mmeet you whereever on the ride loop. Where do you live ?

I live near Ontario Airport (like 10min away) so I got like an hour drive. I would prefer to ride EARLY as possible. Like 7am. Only ridden in the area one other time before and that was with Gary so I followed him in. No idea how to get to a staging point so gps coordinates would be good.

Well I'm off to bed, didn't hear back with more info but no worries there are always other days!. IF I wake up early I will check this thread again, if not next weekend is always another opportunity! Night fellas.

People please don't make me ride alone... I don't have a SPOT and I'll die a terrible death of exposure to too much fun !

Can't you see this is a cry for help ? I need a RIDING INTERVENTION !

sunk.jpg

.....................................................................help !

Sorry Jeff, just woke up and saw your PM. I was already asleep unfortunately. I'm up for an afternoon ride though, I responded to your PM. Just let know.

John I was typing that PM and getting Google co-ords for you when you signed off for the night. Talk about missing you by minutes.

I was so jazzed and wired about the bike I couldn't sleep. Since I couldn't find a ride date I stayed up all night shopping parts online... and in the garage tinkering with the MA-CHEEN. Didn't got to sleep until Sun woke up and replied to me around 6:30 this morning.

It's a gorgeous Oct day out here. Probably one of the best of the year. But I am all mellow and my mojo has been depleted from a long sleepless night. Gonna be lazy and play with the bike some more. This thing impresses me so much. KTM just keeps getting better with each generation. Feels like Christmas to a 10 year old right now. :clap:

Yea I saw that I got your PM not to much later after I signed off, but it sucks that I didn't see it till this morning. We will def ride soon, Big Dan can join in on the fun! I see your into your really into your new ktm scooter. See guys, I'm not the only one on the bandwagon! :prof::smirk: So what goodies have you added or going to add soon?

What is the stock gearing on that thing? I have been reading into changing the gearing on mine, since the EXC's are geared for highways, I wouldn't mind gearing it down to get some more low end grunt. I rarely ride highways on my bike so I don't see why I need it to go 94mph.

Only thing my bro and I have done to our 350exc's are add the quick on/off KTM skidplates (I actually liked it over the heavier bulkier options), factory radiator fan kits (need em since we ride so slow :lol:) and recently got fold away mirrors (but I have yet to install mine so I still got the huge dumbo ear mirrors on mine). Oh and let me not forget, we put KTM license plate frames on :P

As far as future installs, I'm highly considering the scotts stabilizer and an external golan fuel filter. Oh and possibly a shorai battery.

Wow I have a serious list... too much actually... ESR suspension, air bleeders, stabilizer with BRPs flex triple clamp sub mount, hand guards, engine guard, clutch slave guard, computer, lights, AZ plate, Promoto Billet kickstand, 18 inch rear wheel, swing arm guard, link guard, 3.0 gal tank, ktm hard parts tall seat, grab handle, front and rear disk guards, rear brake cylinder cooler, 8 oz heavier fly wheel and a custom low power dual fan system engineered by ME ! All that and it still cost less than buying a new 350EXC... or Gary's Beta. :P

That should just about cover it. :thumb:

Once I have some good photos of the build I'll post a build thread.

That is a hardcore list of goods! :thumb: What site(s) are you getting most your goods from? When I try looking for aftermarket goods for my bike its hard to find a huge selection on any given site :noidea: Most just carry like graphics, chains, grips etc.

I got this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251162563527

I talk to the owners a lot. Old guys like to talk to each other. We have a lot of questions. :) Like the BRP and Scotts stuff I'll probably get from BRP. I've spoken with both owners in the past to get the right kits and best price... BRP sells things besides their own... Scotts not so much... Not many people currently own 4 scotts/brp systems and looking to buy more. That makes a difference. I use Munn Racing out of TX for as much as I can. Lifetime KTMTalk members get killer discounts. And he and I can do the old guy chat. I'll get Slavens parts from him. Another cool old guy that knows technical mountain riding... and he built a bike very similar to mine for this kind of riding in CO. He is an old guru. Same as the little stuff. The air bleeders I'll call the owner of STI. I'll pay $20 more for them. But I get to talk to an old guy. :lol:

This is a process... and part of the fun. Not just buying parts.