South Lake Delores Coming Back?

Maybe he will run across the application you found there and call the person to see if they are still looking for a job..:smirk:

I hope they get it open and make it work. Maybe a DBA gathering in the future..:devil:

Sounds like the guy has big balls to take on that kind of an investment in this day and age. I think it is a great idea that he has and I hope it works out, especially for the local economy he is talking about putting to work. :thumb:

We need more places like this. I think a dirt track around the place would make it double fun. Turn it into a dual purpose/fun zone:banana:

I remember those Lake Delores commercials on TV. But I never got to go:pout:

Pretty cool place when I went ther back in the late 70's. the stand up slides and the Zip lines were evil.
That stand up slide was fun and tricky. The first 30' of the zip line you were over nothing but dirt. You let go and it was tuck and roll time. Could you imagine that in this day and age of litigation crazed society:doh:

That stand up slide was fun and tricky. The first 30' of the zip line you were over nothing but dirt. You let go and it was tuck and roll time. Could you imagine that in this day and age of litigation crazed society:doh:

thats how i knew i had been there. i was so young all i remember was this place on a long drive that sometimes we got to stop at that had the only stand up slide... and it was side by side so you could race your friend. I watched prolly 20 people slip right at the end and hit their head falling off.

I also remember they had a deal were you got a free ice cream or milk shake (something like that) if you could ride the mat across the entire lake.

BTW....
3316213109_198b58ea67_z.jpg

and you can see the drop of it off to the right here.
3317039630_34b6dcb51f_z.jpg

it was the coolest and nothing will be that cool anymore.

thats how i knew i had been there. i was so young all i remember was this place on a long drive that sometimes we got to stop at that had the only stand up slide... and it was side by side so you could race your friend. I watched prolly 20 people slip right at the end and hit their head falling off.

I also remember they had a deal were you got a free ice cream or milk shake (something like that) if you could ride the mat across the entire lake.
The mat was actually a small air mattres, kinda like the ones you use to use in the ocean before boogey boards. :f: I'm old:(

wild rivers and raging waters were around when i was that young but nothing was as cool as lake delores. whats awesome is timoyz took me there and i rode my dirtbike in it not even knowing i had been there when i was a kid.