450F kxf450 2006

hey guys,
my sons mate just got this bike and i noticed a lot of fumes carrying oil coming out of the pipe on the left hand side outer cover. looking at the schematics, it would seem this is just a pressure relief pipe but the pressure coming out seems a lot. i have 2 theory's but would like an opinion before i start pulling apart. 1st is it could be a ring leaking, allowing too much pressure into the sump? bike does not blow smoke though? 2nd is a seal is blown either on the oil pump or between this case and the next.
any help would be appreciated here. i was thinking of pulling this cover off and having a look at oil pump first as its not a big job and going from there?
cheers, matt

You have one I am not at all familiar with. On any engine I encounter that seems to have lots of pressure out of a vent, I look at all the other vents first. The piston goes up an tries to pull air into the case, and when it goes down it tries to push it out (nothing new here for you), and when any or all of the vents gets stopped up another one gets overworked. makes a guy want to run them all into one collector and then hooking them up to the BIG collector (exhaust pipe).

Just saw this.
I don't about the kx, but my Honda generators would do that when the heads would get clogged up with carbon and oil residue. Pull the valve cover of, cleaned all the oil ports and especially the vent port with brake cleaner and then PB blaster. I switched to rotella 10w30 semi syn and have yet to have another problem.