85 Kx 85 help needed asap!!

I know nothing about bikes but when am in high revs it starts to splutter its weird i just bought the bike for £600 its a 2005 model ... Anyone had this problem i know it has a new spark plug anything i should try

Thanks dudes!

Alright dan mate! Yeh dan gonna get it serviced this weekend mate hope this helps, i just bought it for £600 hopefully its a steal and doesn't sore into the £££ :(

SRAD97750

Staff member
Any1 know where i can get a service kit from what will be here for friday or before... Just need oils filter plugs ect

Thanks dude
I don't think they have kits for specific bikes... but...

Plugs I get from auto parts stores, should be $2-3 each.
Air filters online or in store are all pretty much $12-20.
Oils, depends on what you like. There are 1 million opinions on oils...
-BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
That is awesome! Looks great to me, you get coolant, 2T engine oil, trans oil, air filter oil, air filter cleaner, air filter, and plug.
$100 (60£) stateside is pretty pricey. I would piece it together for $60 (35£), but I know you need it now. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Be prepared to buy more 2T premix, At 32:1 that single quart will be gone in 8 gallons of fuel. :thinking: That's actually a long time in an 85cc...

Last edited:
You came to the right place. Lots of smart (asses) people here. But Joking aside. If you have a problem with your bike. There is somebody here that has fixed or just has the general knowledge to help you through your problem. If your mechanically inclined most of us will encourage you to do the job yourself, if your able to and have the tools to do the job. Its just good experience for you and makes repairs much less expensive for you. But some jobs you just have to send to the professionals.

If I may, I have one priority recommendation for you. Get a service manual for your bike. It will tell you how to make the repairs, adjustments, replacements etc. Which in most cases is easier for you to read and interperate. Then it would be for somebody here to explain. But we dont mind explaining.

Also in regards to the symptoms that youve described about your bike. Once youve changed the fluids and cleaned your carburetor. If that doesnt fix the problem. You may need to look into rejetting the carburetor for the time of year. 2 Stroke engines are sensitive to the outside temperature, and require jet changes according to elevation and temperature. For example. If its cold outside you will want to run richer main jet. Summer time you will want to run a leaner main jet. This will help with the performance of your engine. But lets get you through the simple stuff first before we go into jetting the carb.

So Welcome. And show us a picture of you new ride.

Last edited: