250 kx 250 kick starter problem

first of all i would like to thank everyone who helped me on my 2001 rm 125 because since i have used your suggestions on the jetting and so forth this thing screams it has never run this good so you guys were great. now i have my 1988 kx 250 the kick starter was working fine and all of a sudden it started to not return on its own. so i took it all apart and checked all the gears and springs on the ratchet did not find anything that was noticeable. but i did notice when i was taking it apart when i started to loosen the bolt right across next to the kick shaft it clicked and went back. so after cleaning and putting everything back together it seemed to be fine, but after a while it started to bind and hang up again but everytime i loosen that one bolt it snaps back and works so i have been leaving that one bolt just barley snugged. any ideas i would be greatful thanks mark for all the help on my rm 125 runs like a bear with his balls all a fire keep ridin mark

i agree but i have had no wrecks and it was working fine i was riding it and had shut it off for awhile and went to restart it and it started to bind up so it makes no sense. it is not leaking leaving the one bolt not fullt cranked down so i guess i will just use it like it is is until this little gremlin pops up and says here is the problem ha ha. but your suggestion makes total good sense it probably is bent or twisted but how i couldnt say. thank you so much for your suggestion.