100 KX 100 KICKSTARTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions on replacing the short arm kickstarter on a KX 100 ... interferance with footpeg really hurts on broken bones .... also , big boots catch on footpeg .. ...

Any suggestions on replacing the short arm kickstarter on a KX 100 ... interferance with footpeg really hurts on broken bones .... also , big boots catch on footpeg .. ...

NO replacements... you don't need a whole lot of sauce to kick it over.. I start my 80 with half kicks. I place my foot in a manner that the ball of the foot hits the peg when I kick and I stop.

Not much help there . There has to be some solution .. maybe a longer one off a bigger bike ? Most shafts are the same size . I'm not worried about weight , just proper function ...

Not much help there . There has to be some solution .. maybe a longer one off a bigger bike ? Most shafts are the same size . I'm not worried about weight , just proper function ...

I’ll see if I can make you a video. It really isn’t a taxing process.

SRAD97750

Staff member
maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a video of a freshly rebuilt rm80 being started by hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkCB78ITNcs

I don't think there are very many kickstarter swaps that are considered a bolt-on mod.
I am not sure that a longer kicker would do any good, as the motor will turn slower as the mechanical advantage increases.
If you are just fooling around with a toy bike, bump starting is my preferred method of starting. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Did'nt lose my feet , just broke all the bones , and ankle . I can kick start a bigger bike , or a Harley .all day .. no footpeg in the way ... that is not you Dan , is it ?

Did'nt lose my feet , just broke all the bones , and ankle . I can kick start a bigger bike , or a Harley .all day .. no footpeg in the way ... that is not you Dan , is it ?
Foot problems suck. I think what some of the guys are saying is don’t follow all the way through with the kick. It’s a small bike, so it shouldn’t need the full stroke of the leg. Maybe a flurry of short strokes? It might be easier to modify your technique than the bike. :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.