2 Stroke KTM EXC 125

Hello,
I got some questions about the KTM EXC 125, when im 18 i want to get a 125cc bike and the KTM EXC 125 is the one i like the most.
Can i use the EXC 125 for riding to work like 3 days a week? (its like 15km) and sometimes do some enduro rides.
What will the maintence cost?
If the KTM EXC 125 isn't good for this, im looking for a Yamaha WR125 or Beta RR 125 LC
Which one do you think is better? I like 2 strokes since they go alot faster than a 4 stroke.

Give me your opinion about this!

Thanks Coen

Hello,
I got some questions about the KTM EXC 125, when im 18 i want to get a 125cc bike and the KTM EXC 125 is the one i like the most.
Can i use the EXC 125 for riding to work like 3 days a week? (its like 15km) and sometimes do some enduro rides.
What will the maintence cost?
If the KTM EXC 125 isn't good for this, im looking for a Yamaha WR125 or Beta RR 125 LC
Which one do you think is better? I like 2 strokes since they go alot faster than a 4 stroke.

Give me your opinion about this!

Thanks Coen

Not a good choice. You'll tear the motor up running it like that.

Look into a 4stroke 250 dual sport. Honda Kawi Suzuki and Yamaha all make one. Possibly ktm too.

Oh and welcome to DBA!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Welcome.
Running a small 2T on the road for long distances should lead to shortened inspection intervals.
Not that it's bad, just needs to be minded properly.
1000s of motorcycle riders in Europe, and places such as that, are limited as far as HP output is concerned, until they have a full license. They all ride 125s or detuned 250s all day long.-BIG DAN:thumb:

125 EXC is a good bike, we can not get them here in the US for many years now. Short road riding like you describe wont hurt the bike if you ride it easy on the road.

Alright, since some people say if you drive to much in the city (low speed) its bad for the engine, and is there any way i can make a 4-stroke go faster?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Alright, since some people say if you drive to much in the city (low speed) its bad for the engine, and is there any way i can make a 4-stroke go faster?
Nothing wrong with running a 2T around town. I do it all the time.
I'd be more worried about holding it wide open, or a constant throttle, all the time. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Alright thanks for the great answers!!
Now is my only question, how much is the maintence for a ktm exc 125 if im riding in town and sometimes some 80km/h rides?