KTM 150 SX or KTM 250 SX

I somewhat recently started a thread about the pros and cons of the KTM 250 SX and the YZ250. It really provided some extremely helpful information. However, I've been thinking more and more that I may not actually need a 250. Without the ability to test ride the two bikes in the title, I need some more opinions again.

I am 19 years old, 180lbs, and about 5'10". I am a dead-set intermediate level rider that races MX exclusively. One of my biggest appeals towards buying a two stroke is the fun factor, and I think that being forced to ride a bike hard in order to go fast is what can really improve my skills. On another note, here where I live, my local track is not large by any means. It is not even comparable to the tracks in California, or any other true motocross track for that matter. It is about the same size, maybe just a bit larger, than a typical Monster Energy Supercross track. Obviously the layout is totally different, and in terms of track style it is more similar to a motocross track. I'm thinking purely in terms of dimensions.

I am coming off a 07 YZ250F. I can ride the piss out of it, and have. At the same time, I love riding the piss out of machines. I just love that riding style: aggressive, pinned. Sometime I wonder if I''l actually be able to do that on a 250 two-stroke with it's incredible power. Probably not, especially on relatively small tracks. I wanna hear that bike sing when I ride it.

As for more frequent repairs, well, honestly that doesn't matter to me. It's a two stroke, after all, repairs don't normally take very long. My 250 four-stroke on the other hand sometimes had me out for half the week.

I am set on a two-stroke. So far along, it seems pretty obvious that the 150 might be the better choice, and if it weren't for the fact that I'm coming off of a bigger bike, I wouldn't be asking this question to begin with. That's my biggest gripe: Is it really a good idea to essentially down-grade in terms of CC's? What if it turns out to not have the power that I expected? My Yz250F, after all, had just about every engine mod done to it besides increasing the bore and stroke. It had aftermarket cams, high comp piston, etc.

Whatever bike I choose will most likely be the one I keep for a long time. I plan on buying it new (probably a '15) if I can't get a smoking hot deal on a barely used one.

This one is really making my mind hurt. What do you guys think?

I think I would talk to someone who owns one. For that I mean the 150. If you have been on any of the bigbore kitted 125's you may have at least a hint of what the engines are like.

Well I have ridden the 150 and it's an awesome bike. Light and nimble needs the suspension tuned by the right people to get it done right. If you are trying to learn how to carry speed and be an aggressive rider the 150 is the way to go. If you are going to try to ride more like a 250f in a stop,pivot & go manner, hook out berms and throw roost then the 250sx would be your shizzle.