All KM closed for Memorial Weekend. Trail maintenance 6/4-6/5 and 6/11-6/12

OK, that's not quite true. We are doing the annual KM trail maintenance to get the place opened up. This will be riding and working. The amount of ride vs work depends on just how many trees are down. There might be a lot with the winter we had. It's actually a great time. So, if you have no plans and what to get to the mountains for some wet dirt, water, and yes even snow let me know.

-EDIT-
Too much snow for memorial weekend so we will be doing the work on the next two weekends. The main effort will be the next weekend of 6/4 and 6/5. Depending on how much gets done we may work on the next weekend as well on 6/11-6/12.

I did not think this area is even open at this time of year, especially this year with all the snow. How do you clear trails with all the snow on the ground? :thinking: About 4 years ago they had the Troy Meadow open because the snow fall was pretty much non existent that previous winter.

Just to be clear. KM will be closed on Memorial weekend. If you go there to ride you will get a fat ticket.

This is an official Forest Service volunteer effort. Yes, if you come you get to ride while it's closed. Be the first on the trail for 2011. We do this when the snow is down to the point that it's possible. The opening date is first set by the snow and second by when the trails are cleared.

That said, a big part of this effort is cutting some ruts through the remaining snowbanks. That might sound easy, but in fact it's way more tiring than moving trees off the trail. I have a feeling that some of the higher shaded areas will be impassible. We will go as far as we can.

the 28th-30th? i might be down... depending on how my job works out and if my bikes sold by then, i work midnight to 7am starting monday mornings (sunday night) so i'lll have to see

Im working that weekend or I would come just to make snacks for everyone at base. Im not much help muscling downed trees:rolleyes:

Clutch fix was a joke. I so should have ivestigated the problem while at the Rez. At this point it looks like I'm in, but wondering like Russ, only Saturday and Sunday?

I was talking with DD, and he said there was still tons of snow up there, and they just got another half a foot last week. I'm hoping Ranger Bob doesn't cancel at the last minute. Also, I'm not sure if I'll be there Friday night, or first thing Saturday morning.

I'm thinking that the snow will be out of hand as well. I have had no luck talking to Bob. I've left several phone messages and sent a bunch of emails.

I'll sent you guys the forms today.

Hey Carl I got your PM but I cant respond your inbox is full. I'll make sure I keep the next couple weekends clear. Keep me posted when you find out the date, thanks.

Hey Carl I got your PM but I cant respond your inbox is full. I'll make sure I keep the next couple weekends clear. Keep me posted when you find out the date, thanks.

OK fixed that inbox problem.

The date will be the next weekend. If needed we may also work the next weekend of 6/11 and 6/12.