Other Klx110 revs up on its own and won't go down

I have a 2001 klx110 and at a friends it fell over. I tried to start it a little bit later and it reved up pretty high and didn't go down. The choke wasn't on. The bike worked perfectly fine before, other than leaking oil, and never needed the choke to start even when cold. It always starts first kick. I had to ride home at the speed it reved to and it stayed the same in all three gears. When it gets to the RPMs then I can still rev it up. I took the carb apart the next day and everything was fine. I didn't check the float cuz I didn't think that would matter very much in this case. I also thought that the throttle needle thing might just be hanging in the carb so when I put it back on I tried pushing it down and it didn't move. I tried starting it again and it did the same thing. Idk if it would help to know but it fell on the right side (throttle side) and it fell pretty hard. I think it's a bad clutch but if I knew I wouldn't be asking y'all.

I have a 2001 klx110 and at a friends it fell over. I tried to start it a little bit later and it reved up pretty high and didn't go down. The choke wasn't on. The bike worked perfectly fine before, other than leaking oil, and never needed the choke to start even when cold. It always starts first kick. I had to ride home at the speed it reved to and it stayed the same in all three gears. When it gets to the RPMs then I can still rev it up. I took the carb apart the next day and everything was fine. I didn't check the float cuz I didn't think that would matter very much in this case. I also thought that the throttle needle thing might just be hanging in the carb so when I put it back on I tried pushing it down and it didn't move. I tried starting it again and it did the same thing. Idk if it would help to know but it fell on the right side (throttle side) and it fell pretty hard. I think it's a bad clutch but if I knew I wouldn't be asking y'all.

Sounds like an air leak at the mounting rlange between the carb and engine, first inspect the flange for cracks or loose clamps, if nothing is found visually you can try spraying some carburator cleaner around the area while the engine is running, if the engine speed changes while doing this it will help you find the problem area.

Yea I thought that. The throttle twists just fine and I looked at the air box and boot and it looked fine. So idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRAD97750

Staff member
Good. Now we need to find out why it revs.
Well, it's certainly one of the two things below. Just need the OP to actually check for a crack in the boot/carburetor, and actually see if the throttle cable is catching on something when the bars are turned or weight is applied to the bike. Both of which can pull the cable sleeve which pulls the throttle slide in the carburetor. If the throttle slide moves at all, the revs will increase.
There is no magical 'rev-up.' -BIG DAN:thumb:
Sounds like an air leak at the mounting rlange between the carb and engine, first inspect the flange for cracks or loose clamps, if nothing is found visually you can try spraying some carburator cleaner around the area while the engine is running, if the engine speed changes while doing this it will help you find the problem area.
Stuck throttle or throttle cable.

Well, it's certainly one of the two things below. Just need the OP to actually check for a crack in the boot/carburetor, and actually see if the throttle cable is catching on something when the bars are turned or weight is applied to the bike. Both of which can pull the cable sleeve which pulls the throttle slide in the carburetor. If the throttle slide moves at all, the revs will increase.
There is no magical 'rev-up.' -BIG DAN:thumb:

:tumbleweed:

I took off the boot and air box it was just fine. I'm about to check the cable but if you have anymore ideas they are more than eanted

I took off the boot and air box it was just fine. I'm about to check the cable but if you have anymore ideas they are more than eanted

Did you check it for leaks while it was running? I wanted you to do a visual inspection the spray the area with carb clean while running the engine to see if it would show any change in rpm indicating an air leak.you may not see signs of leak by visually inspecting the boot and seals,

Did you check it for leaks while it was running? I wanted you to do a visual inspection the spray the area with carb clean while running the engine to see if it would show any change in rpm indicating an air leak.you may not see signs of leak by visually inspecting the boot and seals,

I thought about that but I decided that while its apart I'd just go through the carb one more time.