KLX 140L vs. CRF150F

KLX 140L or CRF150F

• KLX140L

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • CRF150F

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
So i'm looking to get a nice starter bike and i have found a 2014 KLX140L and a 2007 CRF150F i have talked to a lot of my friends who ride and they all say not to get the crf but then a lot of people i have talked to on forums and reviews on youtube say its a great bike, I want something that i wont grow out of for atleast a year or 2 and will be fun to ride but not scary. I am about 5'9" and 130 pounds. I dont plan on doing any mx in my life mostly just trail and woods riding.

If you have normal motor skills I think you will be wanting a whole lot more than either can offer in say,,,,,,,5 rides. It will depends somewhat on the type of bikes your friends have. the 150 upgrades pretty easily to older honda mx and xr suspension units. so you can call it "cheap" upgrades to an extent. it also seems to have more after market support. but either one is going to leave you wanting shortly.

So i'm looking to get a nice starter bike and i have found a 2014 KLX140L and a 2007 CRF150F i have talked to a lot of my friends who ride and they all say not to get the crf but then a lot of people i have talked to on forums and reviews on youtube say its a great bike, I want something that i wont grow out of for atleast a year or 2 and will be fun to ride but not scary. I am about 5'9" and 130 pounds. I dont plan on doing any mx in my life mostly just trail and woods riding.

If you want a good beginner bike then the 230 will fit your size really well and you won't outgrow it.

The first bike I ever rode was a 1975 Hodaka 100 dirt squirt, had a lot of fun on that bike. It weighed much more than today's bikes and had far less power as well and basically no suspension But the one upside to owning a big heavy turd is by the time you upgrade to more power less weight and better suspension, you will have learned more faster and have become a better rider because of it.

I bet your hodaka didn't weigh more than a 150f!!!! Since they were (in modified form) winning desert races OVERALL where up to 600 riders were competing on things from 90 cc's to 750 cc's you would have had to say they were at least competitive and that was is one of the limiting factors in making someone want something else to ride. especially if it is your riding buddies.

I bet your hodaka didn't weigh more than a 150f!!!! Since they were (in modified form) winning desert races OVERALL where up to 600 riders were competing on things from 90 cc's to 750 cc's you would have had to say they were at least competitive and that was is one of the limiting factors in making someone want something else to ride. especially if it is your riding buddies.

I just checked and I was surprised that the dry weight came in at a stealth 199 lbs....,however the CRF 150 weighs in at 185 wet. But still that Hodaka was a heavy 199 as I remember. And oh yeah those beautiful tank but what a ball buster it was.

yeah, if you are still riding a suzuki my advice from a psychological standpoint would be NEVER to learn ANYTHING about a Honda. Pretend they are not there. It is the best approach.
I've got green, yellow and orange in the garage. But I will take your advice anyways.