250 KE 250 1977?

New here. We've just picked up a KE 250, no title, that is in decent shape but no battery so can't tell if it will run. Don't know crap about these bikes but looking for a manual and info about it. Hoping to get it to run and then sell it. It's been sitting for 10+ years unused in a garage. Photos show #'s on bike frame and bike engine for ID.
Thinking these are rare?
What advice do you have to begin with--transmission, oil, motor, etc.
Is it worth fixing? Too difficult to find parts?

Attachments

• IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1606.JPG
    IMG_1606.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 10
As a flip I’d pass. As is, if it runs its not with much, and fully restored will be worth 1/2 as much as it cost to resto. Would have to be a passion of yours and really really want it fixed up. If it was mine I’d drag it (slowly) behind a truck in 2nd gear with fresh gas and see if it wants to fire. Should run off the magneto if I’m not mistaken. rare? Probably, but rare meaning few and not sought after or pricey.

As a flip I’d pass. As is, if it runs its not with much, and fully restored will be worth 1/2 as much as it cost to resto. Would have to be a passion of yours and really really want it fixed up. If it was mine I’d drag it (slowly) behind a truck in 2nd gear with fresh gas and see if it wants to fire. Should run off the magneto if I’m not mistaken. rare? Probably, but rare meaning few and not sought after or pricey.
It was free to us for removal. The guy didn't have skills for repair. Rare--meaning how hard are parts to get and are there off-market parts or parts that cross-over to make run. Don't want to spend a ton of $ on it, but would be cool to see it in action. That brand new rear tire is begging for some ripping around.

New here. We've just picked up a KE 250, no title, that is in decent shape but no battery so can't tell if it will run. Don't know crap about these bikes but looking for a manual and info about it. Hoping to get it to run and then sell it. It's been sitting for 10+ years unused in a garage. Photos show #'s on bike frame and bike engine for ID.
Thinking these are rare?
What advice do you have to begin with--transmission, oil, motor, etc....
Is it worth fixing? Too difficult to find parts?
I had a ke-175, it was nice, and red. Fun to ride, easy to work on...….

I had a ke-175, it was nice, and red. Fun to ride, easy to work on...….
Yeah, we'll putter on it and see what happens. Not going to invest a ton in it but would like to hear it roar just once.
Parts will be very hard to find, and not much after market or shared applications. Cool bike, but not worth flipping.
Timoyz, d*$% on the no shared applications. We just got rid of an old xr200 and still have a Thumper 500 sitting here. Rather make it run better.

Spray some throttle body cleaner down it’s throat, key on and kick it till you’re sick of it. I’d fhat doesn’t work pull it. If THAT doesn’t work, destroy the serial # dismember it and dispose of the body parts in several remote locations so it can never be identified or traced back to you.

2 types of cleaners on the market, 1 is throttle body cleaner, us it only for fuel injected engines. 2.carburater cleaner, you would be better off using this, as its chemical make-up is more suited for carbs. Make sure its getting spark, make sure that air filter is replaced, bet-cha that thing is cotton candy by now. check your exhaust system is clean and clear, you would be surprised how many critter camp out in there. You can find a front fender no prob. the rear fender is steel as is the fuel tank. Profesionally paint em up, and I just bet e-bay can get some genuine kaw stickers for your tank. Replace and oil all cables, clean the whole job up with de-greaser. Find a new battery, slap that stuff together, and presto, a nice Ke-2fiddy!

It’s a 40-year-old bike. It’s going to need to be opened up and gone through. Crank seals and every other seal will be toast. Like I said not worth a flip, part it out.