Other Kdx220 project

Looking for any help and or parts for a 97 kdx 220..and does anyone know if the kdx200 head will work on the kdx 220 engine

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

If you look at the parts online outlets you can see if it is the same part number, one for the other. my guess is that it is not the same, but very easily sized to what you want, with the added benefit of being able to get a specialty shop to mill it to give you whatever squish band and or area would compliment whatever build you want. The kdx 220 was in most cases slower than it's smaller 200 brother. the 220 was simply bored over, with uncorrected transfer ports (in other words retarded) to make a 220 from a 200. Kawasaki apparently had a few 33 mm carburetors available and stuck those on in place of the larger (35mm if my memory serves me) caburetors that came on the 200. all that made a motor that makes more low end hp in order to feel more like an xr250 or tt250. Lots of people like making the 220 a little more like the 200 and raise the ports a touch and increase compression.