Just joined, looking to sell my yz 250

Hello,

My name is Dillon I live in Thousand Oaks California. I have a few bikes but I'm looking to sell my 2005 Yamaha Yz 250. Completely rebuilt from top to bottom. New motor, suspension, triple clamps, exhaust, bars, rotors, bearings, wheels, sprockets, chains, etc. bike has not been ridden on the dirt, and it only has about 15 min on it. I rebuilt everything to be reliable but fast and fun. I have some future business adventures and I need the money. I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I've got it listed on cycle trader and craigslist already but I can't tell wether people are serious or not because of all the scammers. Please help. Haha much appreciated!!!

FAF, 2005 YZ250, completely rebuilt, here for one introduction sale and out? Hmmm...
No photos, no price.
CL has a whole bunch of ass wipes and goof balls. Depending on how it looks, kept reciepts for said work, and the way you advertised and present it and yourself will be factors. CL is tire kicker heaven. Good luck!
Here is the link, hope the mods don't ban me for this. TT would. :smirk:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5360772261.html

Welcome Dillion.
Start another thread introducing yourself then start a classified. I'm not judging, just giving you the protocol.
:ride:

Now how about a price with some pics or a link. :thumb:
I'm new so I'm not sure how all of this works, I'm still trying to get used to this website. I'm asking $3000 for the bike

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5360772261.html
This is my listing of my bike I'm trying to sell. I tried to upload a photo on this play form but it wasn't working. And I'm not sure what you mean by here for one introduction sale and out? And I have no idea what you mean by Hope the mods don't ban me for this?
The title of this thread is the definition of spam. I think you avoided instant ban by not using a URL in your initial post. (New members cannot post links without moderation flags.)

I imagine you could turn this around if you introduce yourself again, and what type of riding you do, and perhaps some videos or photos of your other bikes. You know, dirt-bike-addict stuff.

I for one, WELCOME YOU. What kind of riding do you love?
Using our website for personal profit alone, is reserved for James. :smirk: -BIG DAN

The title of this thread is the definition of spam. I think you avoided instant ban by not using a URL in your initial post. (New members cannot post links without moderation flags.)

I imagine you could turn this around if you introduce yourself again, and what type of riding you do, and perhaps some videos or photos of your other bikes. You know, dirt-bike-addict stuff.

I for one, WELCOME YOU. What kind of riding do you love?
Using our website for personal profit alone, is reserved for James. :smirk: -BIG DAN

I'm sorry I did not know that the title was the definition of spam. Like I said I'm new, I don't know how any of this works. So please bare with me. Like I said my name is Dillon I'm from Thousand Oaks, I'm 23 years old. I'm a former racer. Motocross and off-road. I race intermediate for a while and I have done a few pro am stuff but nothing big. I injured my self really bad and I basically had to stop racing and go get a real job. I have a 2014 Honda Crf 450, 2005 Yamaha Yz 250, and I bought my girlfriend a Yamaha yz 250 fx recently. I love anything with wheels and a motor. I still ride about three times a month at local private supercross tracks, desert or even at my parent house in San Luis obisbo. I tried to upload a few pictures on here but it's not working, I wonder if it's because I'm using my work computer. Maybe I'll try my personal one. But the CL ad link that you posted a few comments ago is actually my ad. Like I said I know how to ride them but idk how much the MARKET VALUE is on two strokes. I understand presentation and all that good stuff is key I was just hoping to join a community, learn some stuff, maybe ride with a few of you guys and maybe y'all can help me out. Thanks

Srad97750 is a " mod " moderator for the site! JAMES is another Mod, as for the one intro, sale and out means as a new member you are here purely to sell your bike and not to join the community!
This is a fantastic forum to be involved in with lots of great info and helpful members! Some might even have a genuine interest in your bike if you can refrain from pushing your bike out in your first few posts!
Peace dude! Go have a look about the site and post up some pics and info on where and what you ride!
If anyone wants a look at your bike they will PM you and yes Palmer84one could actually be banned for putting up your link so be nice!

SRAD97750

Staff member
I'm sorry I did not know that the title was the definition of spam. ... I was just hoping to join a community, learn some stuff, maybe ride with a few of you guys and maybe y'all can help me out. Thanks
Fixed the title for ya! It was just missing a comma, which led to the confusion. Damn that grammar.

Yeah, I live in the High desert and ride from my driveway. If you are interested in a trail ride up here, give me a shout.
Those are some nice bikes!
Probably the size of the file is preventing you from uploading! We recently changed the size requirements. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Srad97750 is a " mod " moderator for the site! JAMES is another Mod, as for the one intro, sale and out means as a new member you are here purely to sell your bike and not to join the community!
This is a fantastic forum to be involved in with lots of great info and helpful members! Some might even have a genuine interest in your bike if you can refrain from pushing your bike out in your first few posts!
Peace dude! Go have a look about the site and post up some pics and info on where and what you ride!
If anyone wants a look at your bike they will PM you and yes Palmer84one could actually be banned for putting up your link so be nice!

Hey sorry I was trying to push my bike in the first initial post. I was just trying to tell you guys a little bit about my bike so you kinda knew that I know about bikes and that I wasn't a scammer. Make sense? Secondly... I never posted a dollar amount nor did I ask if I can post an ad trying to sell my bike on here. All I asked for was maybe some suggestions on selling my bike. Again I've never joined a forum before and I was kind of using my first initial post as an ice breaker because I don't know anyone on here. Don't need to get defensive. Thank You

Fixed the title for ya! It was just missing a comma, which led to the confusion. Damn that grammar.

Yeah, I live in the High desert and ride from my driveway. If you are interested in a trail ride up here, give me a shout.
Those are some nice bikes!
Probably the size of the file is preventing you from uploading! We recently changed the size requirements. -BIG DAN:thumb:

My grammar has never been the best. Sorry if I came on here in a rude way. I don't know anyone in here and I was just trying to break the ice. I didn't expect people to get so defensive. They could have atleast given me more of a shot. And yes I love to trail ride, although I have a stock tank so I have to fill up often but I have a blast. Where about in the high desert are you. I'm like an hour and 45 min or so from jawbone and dove springs. There are some cool trails that Kurt caselli showed me in Palmdale by his old house. And some pretty big jumps too. And yes the file is way to big to be uploaded so I'll have to resize them.

No worries buddy! All is chilled and good here! And yeah makes sense :thumb:
I'm a member on a car owner club and we get a lot of new members joining just to sell their car who usually end up banned for it, youve not been banned so it's all good man!
If you have a read through the recent threads you will come across some great ride pics and videos that members and mods have posted up and in lands not too far from you so get to know us a little and let us get to know you a bit and keep smiling and riding them damn bikes!
Might even find yourself out riding the dez with some of the boys!:rocker:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I mostly ride the apple valley/barstow area from the house. The SBNF is my local mountains for riding.
Spangler Hills/Ridgecrest area is a great time as well. Many folks on here camp in that area annually due to it's vast nature. :thumb:
I've never joined a forum before...
I'm glad you joined this one. We have room for everyone with an addiction to dirt.
-BIG DAN:thumb: