Just for Dads

We all love our Moms - that goes without saying. Sometimes, our Dads get the shortshrift. So this thread is for us guys to let it out for the Dads in our lives.
In any event, my own Dad is turning 80 this year!!! I have been thinking so much about him this last while, especially since I am MC'ing a party for him this coming weekend. So, some of you guys know I head to Palm Springs a couple of times a year to chill and golf. I actually haven't golfed in Canada in about 20 years. I only golf in PS. So, anyway, since I'm heading down there in a few weeks, I thought it would be fun to dig out my clubs and start getting things organized. Here's were the Dad story comes in.
Last winter, I bought some new clubs that I loved and I took them to PS. My Dad, who has, by my account at least $20,000 in golf clubs, asked me to leave my sticks down there so he could try them when he got there..... What do you say??? So, I left my sticks down there and never thought anything about it again until tonight. I was taking my clubs out of my travel bag and found my golf bag empty with all my clubs lying naked in the travel bag..... Dad, I love you more than life itself but, please, never ask me to try out my clubs again!
Let's here it for our Dads :cheers:

Sounds like an awesome dad story. I have not had one since I was 15. Mom left two years ago at 91. Golf was played before marriage 26 years gone now. And as far as me being a dad, well, my youngest lady is 20 today.... I'll look back and see what's up later. Would love to visit you in PS one of these times....

Sounds like an awesome dad story. I have not had one since I was 15. Mom left two years ago at 91. Golf was played before marriage 26 years gone now. And as far as me being a dad, well, my youngest lady is 20 today.... I'll look back and see what's up later. Would love to visit you in PS one of these times....
So P841, I could tell from your posts that you were (are) a great Dad but, are you saying that you lost your own Dad when you where 15??. Dang, my own son is 18 now and I remember being his age like it was yesterday. Let's keep this thread about our Dads.

My dad died 5 years ago at 86 years old. My son is almost 18 also and I agree that I remember those days like yesterday. I think we should all go to PS when Nedge is down here and raise a cold one to all of us dads. Don't plan on me golfing though, I suck.

My dad just got one knee replaced about a month ago. Now he goes back this week to get the other replaced. Last 20 years of his life have been rough on him. He is one of the toughest mf'ers I have ever seen. Love him to death. Thanks for creating this thread neggy!!!

My dad.... He taught me to hunt fish, fix cars, ride dirtbikes and get shit done. However he fell short in being a responsible father and family man. Now my step dad he was a great step dad and really did my mom right. Sadly we lost him in 09 when he was 84. I don't miss many people but I miss that guy. He never blew any smoke up your ass and would tell you exactly what was on his mind without backing down. He was also a listener and a good teacher of life. :salute:

So P841, I could tell from your posts that you were (are) a great Dad but, are you saying that you lost your own Dad when you where 15??. Dang, my own son is 18 now and I remember being his age like it was yesterday. Let's keep this thread about our Dads.

Yes, my pops died in 1977 from colon cancer. I get checked every 5 since 40, 3 lovely visits thus far. When my real pops passed, my best friends dad stepped in and told me he would be there for me if I needed. I am the last of 8 kids and my oldest brothers had moved out by this time. So, I essentially took to my buddies dad and have been good friends.