Joshua Tree Music Festival. Some random clips of my time there.

Not the best footage (iphone) but it shows you what The Joshua Tree Music Fesitval is like. I only taped brief segments of some songs and also other random shots. This festival is held twice a year, May and Oct.. Oct is usually a littlle more mellow and more older peeps. The music is a an excellent variety and very good. The setting is AWESOME! If you have a plated bike you can just roll out for a nice cruise from the campground. The campground is 40 acres. I did see some un plated dirt bikes cruising around but I dont know that they would dig you rippin around the boundaries of the festival. I saw a few bikes take off:devil: as if they were headed to Pappy and Harriets. People were putting around on bikes, scooters and bicycles from camp to camp and to the venue.
It's a small crowd of about 2500-3000 in a perfect setting all weekend long! It had a really cool vibe you dont get at other venues. no uptight security, you can go barefoot, bring food and drink in....it ROCKED:banana:

Perhaps some of you Cali peeps may way to attend this someday. I plan on going back in May or Oct for sure! It is A kick back weekend of partying in the dez listening to some great tunes with cool, down to earth people. My 18 year old Daughter went with us and loved it. I know it may seem waay hippy dippy for some of you but, it really wasnt too bad. Not like a Dead show or Burning Man, yet had that slight feel.
:thumb:

This looks like fun. Is this something that I could just ride my Harley to for a few hours, hang out and go home? My wife would like this. :thumb:

I don't know SUN, looks and sounds TOO laid back for me ... :smirk:. Glad you had a good time! It'll only be a matter of time I'm sure when it comes to the bikes...There'll be that1 bad apple that decides to haul ass or kick up a lot of dust and noise causing them to disallow bikes. :naughty:... Ya never know

This looks like fun. Is this something that I could just ride my Harley to for a few hours, hang out and go home? My wife would like this. :thumb:

Yes you could. However, it would be better to drive out Saturday morning and spend the night there or in a motel. Part of the greatness are those sunsets with a cold beve
I don't know SUN, looks and sounds TOO laid back for me ... :smirk:. Glad you had a good time! It'll only be a matter of time I'm sure when it comes to the bikes...There'll be that1 bad apple that decides to haul ass or kick up a lot of dust and noise causing them to disallow bikes. :naughty:... Ya never know

I guess they have had SOME issues. I think in May when the crowd was larger and younger. I see this festival growing until it is not the same anymore. That is what makes it so cool now, it's small and off the map for the most part.:thumb: