All Johnson Valley Ride Saturday, 1-28

Can't make it...won't have the bike until then and too many "chores" to take care of......Where does your loop take you? I'm somewhat familiar with the area (not necessarily the landmarks (tower, etc.) but the lakes, dunes, etc.

Can't make it...won't have the bike until then and too many "chores" to take care of......Where does your loop take you? I'm somewhat familiar with the area (not necessarily the landmarks (tower, etc.) but the lakes, dunes, etc.

Loop starts at Anderson and goes east and north. I have the loop on GPS, but I've only ridden to the first check that I worked, and to the second check pulling ribbon so I don't know exactly where it went yet. The stuff I rode was fun.

OK, Just curious to see where it is you were going...I have property in JV, (The REZ)...I've ridden out there a ot over the past couple decades HOWEVER, most of the recent rides have been (as TIMO calls them) "old lady rides" where the group I road with (not much anymore) would take short trips. I've only been on one long ride out there and it was up Rattlesnake Canyon to Pioneer Town. Fun trip but a PITA with my old bike...long story. If you search El Diablo or RezRide you might find it. I haven't been out to Anderson DL or much farhter north of the rock pile....kind of tells you how much I've missed. I've ridden up north of Means DL butthat was long ago with an older friend of mine but I couldn'ttell you where we were.

Have fun and be safe........I'll keep you guys in mind when I put together the next REZ RIDE, which I'm hoping to be aroudn the end of Feb/beginning of Mar...

OK, Just curious to see where it is you were going...I have property in JV, (The REZ)...I've ridden out there a ot over the past couple decades HOWEVER, most of the recent rides have been (as TIMO calls them) "old lady rides" where the group I road with (not much anymore) would take short trips. I've only been on one long ride out there and it was up Rattlesnake Canyon to Pioneer Town. Fun trip but a PITA with my old bike...long story. If you search El Diablo or RezRide you might find it. I haven't been out to Anderson DL or much farhter north of the rock pile....kind of tells you how much I've missed. I've ridden up north of Means DL butthat was long ago with an older friend of mine but I couldn'ttell you where we were.

Have fun and be safe........I'll keep you guys in mind when I put together the next REZ RIDE, which I'm hoping to be aroudn the end of Feb/beginning of Mar...

Yeah, there's lots of fun stuff out there. I don't know the area too well as most of my rides in Johnson Valley have been racing and just following ribbon. I need to do more trail rides out there while we still can since I'm not really racing anymore. This will be a pretty short, but technical ride. However, I definitely get into longer destination type rides. I want to figure out a route from Anderson to Slash X and back sometime.

Yeah, there's lots of fun stuff out there. I don't know the area too well as most of my rides in Johnson Valley have been racing and just following ribbon. I need to do more trail rides out there while we still can since I'm not really racing anymore. This will be a pretty short, but technical ride. However, I definitely get into longer destination type rides. I want to figure out a route from Anderson to Slash X and back sometime.

Too long without fuel I believe...TIMO would know or someone else on here if they're paying attention or willing to chime in ... :devil:

Too long without fuel I believe...TIMO would know or someone else on here if they're paying attention or willing to chime in ... :devil:

I thought about that and figured after Slash you could run over to Outlet Center for fuel before heading back. I think it's less than 50 miles as the crow flies from Anderson to Slash. I need to jump on Mapsource and Google earth and see if I can figure out a route. This would be a plated bike ride, so service roads and pavement would be an option if necessary.

Can't make it this weekend, but next weekend is grand. Have fun and be safe my brother. Gate is still locked...

I'd be in for a Saturday ride. I couldn't make it this weekend. My old diabetic dog took a turn for the worse. :( Where were you thinking? BTW, remind me, I have a few bits of Husky paraphanelia for you. I don't want any reminders of that bike!

Sorry to hear about the doggie. I am heading out to Yucca Valley just south/east of Giant Rock to a buddies buddies house. I don't think he cares who I bring out so you are welcome to join. He is a 4 wheeler (quad) though and my master mechanic for my toyotas. Ride from the house to out and about and back and eat. Sunday is Stoddard and around 100 miles to /X.

Sorry to hear about the doggie. I am heading out to Yucca Valley just south/east of Giant Rock to a buddies buddies house. I don't think he cares who I bring out so you are welcome to join. He is a 4 wheeler (quad) though and my master mechanic for my toyotas. Ride from the house to out and about and back and eat. Sunday is Stoddard and around 100 miles to /X.

Checked with the wife and we have plans Saturday afternoon, so no riding. I'd rather ride than watch the superbowl. What are the details for the Stoddard ride?

I thought about that and figured after Slash you could run over to Outlet Center for fuel before heading back. I think it's less than 50 miles as the crow flies from Anderson to Slash. I need to jump on Mapsource and Google earth and see if I can figure out a route. This would be a plated bike ride, so service roads and pavement would be an option if necessary.
From Anderson to the X is about a 68 mile round trip. It's a pretty boring ride, since Ord is limited use, there isn't too much single track trails, mostly gas line and 2 track stuff. I have found a decent route, that gets you off the beaten path.

Well Timo I am happy to see you don't mind a new ride buddy. Socal is a great guy if you have not met him yet (I am an ASS)! Lets get this SB party started. I am looking at 2 days of riding if my bike will last. Just had to put the smallest shim in one intake valve and that means next adjust will most likely be a top and/or complete rebuild. :foul:I can't believe it! I am starting to rethink the Euro trash bikes....I only wish that the Y company made a DS 450....