Johnson valley Easter 2013

The trip was pretty epic. i put somewhere between 275 and 300 miles in.

Day 1.. Thursday... my old school video game buddy who i havent seen in 9 years shows up after posting on tribalwar that he is in San Diego and wants to :ride: So we take off from boone rd to the sand dunes on the other side of the mountain for a short loop. stop at the sand hill climbs and played for a min then i hauled ass across the lake bed till i hit some whoops that got real big real fast and started swaping at about 50 mph. i save it and turn back and dont see my buddy mike. apparently he didnt save it. So we finish the loop and hes pretty much done for the day and the next so it was beer time at the camp fire. i didnt get any pics of mike(mael) before he left friday morning. but here is some awesome stuff from thursday...
CAM00135.jpg

CAM00136.jpg

oops i guess i did get a pick of Mike(mael)
CAM00137.jpg

So its Friday morning and tim and i decide to go on a short couple hour ride that turned into one hell of a epic ride. first stop was at the sand dunes where tim found a really fun sand jump that he got a pic im waiting for. here is some i snapped.
CAM00152.jpg

CAM00150.jpg

CAM00149.jpg

then from there it was off to make our way to the downed tower. im rolling across the open dez when i noticed tim is no longer behind me so i stop and start searching back for him. turns out he found a group of bombs. i said we gotta go back. and we found these...
CAM00153.jpg

CAM00154.jpg

CAM00155.jpg

CAM00156.jpg

they look to be some old practice bombs ... they had square nuts and you could even tell the direction in whihch they were dropping them by the clusters of em. really neat and random find.

so back on a trail...
CAM00160.jpg

then shit got all crazy for a min and timoyz showed his true self.
CAM00163.jpg

haha trippy pano messup
so we got to the downed tower road and its all jacked up by a bulldozer or some shit.... then we get to the top and now it becomes a trip to the GONE tower. its all gone every bit of it..... still some great views tho...
CAM00165.jpg

CAM00166.jpg

CAM00168.jpg

after that we had to high tale it back to camp as it was only a couple hour ride planned so as teh wife dont worry about me.

Then later friday afternoon tim mentions a story(i still gotta go look up) about Willie Boy and how his grave and where the possy got him is not far... so :ride: we go... when we got there, there was 2 dirtbikers already there. i impressed them with my hill climb :smirk: ...
tim coming up...
CAM00179.jpg

willie boy
CAM00177.jpg

CAM00183.jpg

that night was movie night ...
CAM00186.jpg

till about 3/4 into the movie my gen runs out of gas and the kids were sleepy anyway so we called it a night.

Saturday morning Palmer, palmer jr and RhinoRoof showed up for a :ride: up rattlesnake to Pappy & Harriets. i didnt really pull out the camera a lot on the way up to it but i got some gopro i willup later. Once at pappys it was bloody marry chilli and tri tip time...
CAM00198.jpg

CAM00199.jpg

Rolls and my family met us up there and we dinned like kings...
CAM00202.jpg

CAM00197.jpg

from there we had a fun ride through a wash i decided to take a good dirtnap in 4th gear on... got up all ok :) and after that was the Giant Rock...
CAM00204.jpg

from there palmerjr was almost out of gas so we FRQ/pavement it back to camp. Palmer, Palmer jr and RihnoRoof all took off after the ride leaving rolls tim and the family and i.

later in the day what do you know... ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!!
CAM00212.jpg

:foul: i left my strawberry ice cream sandwich in timoyz's freezer.... all yours now :(

we got the dutch oven goin for dinner and i was impressed. these things are awesome...
CAM00218.jpg

Sunday morning hits and Tim and I are on our bikes before 7 am heading to the airplane crash on whats supposed to be a easy ride since its late in the trip. Then tim puts us into this...
CAM00220.jpg

pretty sure it was one of the hammers race course cause we found amarker down the way and it said 72 mile and was point up what we came down. it was gnar and kicked my ass with my short legs. hlf way through i had to stop cause my bike was boiling over and i was :puke: . once out it was all good tho.

then we get over to where the plane crash issupposed to be and its GONE! completley. was also following a bunch of tank tracks till we found a different plane crash....
CAM00222.jpg

CAM00221.jpg

CAM00223.jpg

CAM00224.jpg

CAM00229.jpg

CAM00226.jpg

notice they cut off important parts of the badges.
CAM00227.jpg

CAM00228.jpg

CAM00230.jpg

CAM00231.jpg

after that we headed over to :devil: well... i will let timoyz start that part of the story then i will share the pics i have.

I just want to say big thanks to everyone who came out to ride. the birthday song and my cake and pappy & harriets was :rocker: I feel really lucky to have dirtbike buddys who showed me all these things that will prolly be gone forever when the military snatches this land up.

Saturday morning Palmer, palmer jr and RhinoRoof showed up for a :ride: up rattlesnake to Pappy & Harriets. i didnt really pull out the camera a lot on the way up to it but i got some gopro i willup later. Once at pappys it was bloody marry chilli and tri tip time...
CAM00198.jpg

CAM00199.jpg

Rolls and my family met us up there and we dinned like kings...
CAM00202.jpg

CAM00197.jpg

from there we had a fun ride through a wash i decided to take a good dirtnap in 4th gear on... got up all ok :) and after that was the Giant Rock...
CAM00204.jpg

from there palmerjr was almost out of gas so we FRQ/pavement it back to camp. Palmer, Palmer jr and RihnoRoof all took off after the ride leaving rolls tim and the family and i.

later in the day what do you know... ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!!
CAM00212.jpg

:foul: i left my strawberry ice cream sandwich in timoyz's freezer.... all yours now :(

we got the dutch oven goin for dinner and i was impressed. these things are awesome...
CAM00218.jpg

Sunday morning hits and Tim and I are on our bikes before 7 am heading to the airplane crash on whats supposed to be a easy ride since its late in the trip. Then tim puts us into this...
CAM00220.jpg

pretty sure it was one of the hammers race course cause we found amarker down the way and it said 72 mile and was point up what we came down. it was gnar and kicked my ass with my short legs. hlf way through i had to stop cause my bike was boiling over and i was :puke: . once out it was all good tho.

then we get over to where the plane crash issupposed to be and its GONE! completley. was also following a bunch of tank tracks till we found a different plane crash....
CAM00222.jpg

CAM00221.jpg

CAM00223.jpg

CAM00224.jpg

CAM00229.jpg

CAM00226.jpg

notice they cut off important parts of the badges.
CAM00227.jpg

CAM00228.jpg

CAM00230.jpg

CAM00231.jpg

after that we headed over to :devil: well... i will let timoyz start that part of the story then i will share the pics i have.

I just want to say big thanks to everyone who came out to ride. the birthday song and my cake and pappy & harriets was :rocker: I feel really lucky to have dirtbike buddys who showed me all these things that will prolly be gone forever when the military snatches this land up.

Great RR... I'm surprised not to see pics of you guys pilliging my firewoord stack..... If it wasn't for Easter weekend at home stuff going on I would have liked to come up for the Sat ride to P & H's... When you guys came across thatother plane wreck and the tank tracks... (maybe dozer tracks???), were still on JV/BLM land or ???? :devil:

Glad your trip was a success all around! Happy B'DAY

BLM but the signs said OHV not encouraged :lol: we came to soem :naughty: signs that headed towards teh afgan town they got out there(cool as hell and i want to get close for pics somehow :( ) but we didnt mess around. Kinda crazy out there, you will see wire running across the dez everywhere. sensors maybe? i dont know but no black hawks showed up so i think we were all good

ohh dont you worry rez... but it wasnt the firewood that was pillaged :lol:

Great RR... I'm surprised not to see pics of you guys pilliging my firewoord stack..... If it wasn't for Easter weekend at home stuff going on I would have liked to come up for the Sat ride to P & H's... When you guys came across thatother plane wreck and the tank tracks... (maybe dozer tracks???), were still on JV/BLM land or ???? :devil:

Glad your trip was a success all around! Happy B'DAY

:devil:
BLM but the signs said OHV not encouraged :lol: we came to soem :naughty: signs that headed towards teh afgan town they got out there(cool as hell and i want to get close for pics somehow :( ) but we didnt mess around. Kinda crazy out there, you will see wire running across the dez everywhere. sensors maybe? i dont know but no black hawks showed up so i think we were all good

ohh dont you worry rez... but it wasnt the firewood that was pillaged :lol:

I hate to burst your bubble, but we were well into the base, by about 15 miles or so.:devil:

My vacation started first, with taking the POS to Huntington for a coupe nights at the beach. With BH taking a "break" from the bike, I figured a trip to the beach would be something easy to do over his break.

The view coming down to PCH.
Easter 2013 002.JPG

On PCH coming into Huntington.
Easter 2013 004.JPG

I'm such a sexy beast.
Easter 2013 006.JPG

BH had a hard time with the tandem.
Easter 2013 008.JPG

Easter 2013 009.JPG

Easter 2013 010.JPG

Easter 2013 012.JPG

The big news there are the fire pits. We had 3 different news vans there doing reports about the cit council wanting to ban them, for air quality reasons. My kids snaked in on the channel 5 morning news.
Easter 2013 032.JPG

Easter 2013 033.JPG

Easter 2013 034.JPG

My Daughter being interviewed.
Easter 2013 035.JPG

Easter 2013 031.JPG

To be continued......

:devil:

I hate to burst your bubble, but we were well into the base, by about 15 miles or so.:devil:

ignorance is bliss?

:lol: well i was guessing so when we started following tank tracks :lol: but hey i never crossed any signs that said :naughty: and no black hawks showed up so i say we were :thumb:

Thursday came, I headed home, did some in town buisness, loaded up the scooters (Rolls X for Big Dan) and headed to Johnson Valley.

The first stop was Freddys.
Easter 2013 037.JPG

I arrived to camp right at sunset with some awesome views.
Easter 2013 041.JPG

Camp Timo.
Easter 2013 043.JPG

The rest of the group.
Easter 2013 045.JPG

Travs buddy, who he trashed the day before, loaded up and headed for safety Friday morning.
Easter 2013 046.JPG

Trav with some minor repairs before heading out on our ride.
Easter 2013 047.JPG

Success!

Easter 2013 048.JPG

We first headed over to the dunes for a little fun.
Easter 2013 049.JPG

Easter 2013 050.JPG

Travs second attempt.
Easter 2013 051.JPG
He wanted me to jump.:smirk:
Easter 2013 052.JPG

To be contnued...