Jetting question

whats up fellas , so check this out I had a bone stock 03 rm250 . I re-sleeved it , put a wiseco piston in it , vforce reeds , pro circuit ex chamber and a phat head, now my question is I think stock the main jet is at 172 which I think is too high now cause it smokes a little more then I want it too and drools out the pipe. Should I go lower then a 170 main or possibly need to go way lower?? Pwk38 mm stock carb

whats up fellas , so check this out I had a bone stock 03 rm250 . I re-sleeved it , put a wiseco piston in it , vforce reeds , pro circuit ex chamber and a phat head, now my question is I think stock the main jet is at 172 which I think is too high now cause it smokes a little more then I want it too and drools out the pipe. Should I go lower then a 170 main or possibly need to go way lower?? Pwk38 mm stock carb

reset the float and check to make sure the float really shuts off tight BEFORE you do anything with your brass. I bet it never has been set since the factory did it.

Then you really got to ask yourself why it went rich in the first place. Funny how the three rigs i put vforce on ran their best at the same jetting i found the stock ones to run at.
Exactly I think the reed and expansion chamber played a good part in that and the bike was running rather rich when I got it

Why did you re-sleeve it? Is it the same stock bore sixe now? Is the needle stock? It was running rich so it should/may have been well lubricated. If it was rich before then the pipe and silencer packing are probly oil soaked and need to be dealt with or it will always drip and smoke.

Why did you re-sleeve it? Is it the same stock bore sixe now? Is the needle stock? It was running rich so it should/may have been well lubricated. If it was rich before then the pipe and silencer packing are probly oil soaked and need to be dealt with or it will always drip and smoke.
Because I was gonna bore it and the ppl fukked up the sleeve and yes it's still 66.4 yes needle stock and it was running rich when I got it but not as rich.