Injured Jarred Williams

A childhood friend of mine had a nasty get off this last weekend at the Baltimore Arenacross. I don't know the details of the crash or how it happened, but he's in a really bad way at the moment and doesn't have much feeling and movement below his chest (this is post surgery as well). Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers! I'll try to post updates as his mom posts them on FaceBook.

Edit: Just wanted to say that there's a GoFundMe campaign to help cover medical costs if anyone would like to donate. https://www.gofundme.com/jarredwilliams

Last edited:

James

Staff member
Update from this morning:

"Jarred had a on & off night. They did the MRI last night was dozing here & there through the night to find Stephenie sitting here to tell me he had to have the breathing tube replaced due having major chills & he bit the air way tube. He's now running a temp over 105 & they did up a bunch of lab work, the Nero team did a full body scan to see if he is bleeding from the spine or just some virus. Either way that's a problem. But the upper body exam was still good with good range of motion & strength is building. He is starting (which they said would happen) to swell up all over. Will know more later when results come back & neurologist comes in. Keep praying everyone . Thank you!!!"

Thanks for posting that update, James! When I was younger and Jarred and I raced together, our families, along with a few others too, were super close. Even when I had to stop racing I always hoped Jarred would make it. I'm just gutted and heartbroken that this happened to him.

Edit: His mom just posted another update.

"We just met with one of the Neurologist & things look the same, they will be doing the 2nd spinal surgery on him first thing in the morning. Need to remove the loose broken bones & cut back some other vertebrae's to release the pressure on the spinal cord. It will be another 3 to 5 hour surgery. Still working on getting temp down. They are trying to get us into the Ronald McDonald house for our stay here. Will keep updating as we go. Again thanks everyone for the prayers & support to Jarred & our family!"

Last edited:
Here are the latest updates from Jarred's mom. Things are definitely looking positive!

1/19 7:12am
"Oh how the power of prayers work. Thank you all and keep them coming forJarred Williams. This is an update to his update!!

They have postponed his surgery for now. The lead neurologist was in & Jarred has sensation and can feel from the waist down to the top parts of the legs!!!!! They want to wait for more swelling to go down. So this is GREAT news. They are very hopeful said its a 78% chance he will get it all back but will take up to a year with a lot of work. We all know he is up to the tasks!! I think he is determined (like before) to prove them he can & will do this! He is the strongest most determined person I know!!!"

1/19 3:03pm
"Update on Jarred Williams
Another slight set back but glad they found it early & before the surgery tomorrow.. With the results of the CatScan they found a blocked artery to his brain thy need to be repaired may have a stint put in. They are prepping him to take to OR. They said about an hour if he does have this done he can't have the 2nd surgery he runs the risk of a clot moving to the brain. Please continue to pray. Thanks. Will update when I have news"

1/19 5:35pm
"Update for Jarred Williams
Thanks for the prayers cuz they worked again. They got in there and the image from the CatScan was worse than the blockage is, there is enough blood flow that they are leaving it at this time and once the 2nd surgery is done and he improves then they will discuss blood thinners to dissolve it slowly. So 2nd surgery is a go for the morning. Please pray for a quiet night for him. Will update when I have more info. Thank you all!"

And I just wanted to remind everyone again about the gofundme to help pay for the medical costs! https://www.gofundme.com/jarredwilliams

Here are the latest updates from Jarred's mom. Things are definitely looking positive!

1/19 7:12am
"Oh how the power of prayers work. Thank you all and keep them coming forJarred Williams. This is an update to his update!!

They have postponed his surgery for now. The lead neurologist was in & Jarred has sensation and can feel from the waist down to the top parts of the legs!!!!! They want to wait for more swelling to go down. So this is GREAT news. They are very hopeful said its a 78% chance he will get it all back but will take up to a year with a lot of work. We all know he is up to the tasks!! I think he is determined (like before) to prove them he can & will do this! He is the strongest most determined person I know!!!"

1/19 3:03pm
"Update on Jarred Williams
Another slight set back but glad they found it early & before the surgery tomorrow.. With the results of the CatScan they found a blocked artery to his brain thy need to be repaired may have a stint put in. They are prepping him to take to OR. They said about an hour if he does have this done he can't have the 2nd surgery he runs the risk of a clot moving to the brain. Please continue to pray. Thanks. Will update when I have news"

1/19 5:35pm
"Update for Jarred Williams
Thanks for the prayers cuz they worked again. They got in there and the image from the CatScan was worse than the blockage is, there is enough blood flow that they are leaving it at this time and once the 2nd surgery is done and he improves then they will discuss blood thinners to dissolve it slowly. So 2nd surgery is a go for the morning. Please pray for a quiet night for him. Will update when I have more info. Thank you all!"

And I just wanted to remind everyone again about the gofundme to help pay for the medical costs! https://www.gofundme.com/jarredwilliams

Very uplifting news, sounds like a miracle in progress.

James

Staff member
Update on Jarred Williams.
His face & front half is very swollen due to being on his front for so long but looked good, he has a couple drains coming out the back of his head/neck area but his vitals are okay but the temp & blood pressure is being closely watched!! He is still heavily sedated to make him rest & the Nero team said they are pretty much done, everything is secured in his spine, it's now up to the ICU team. So another baby step in progress! Still a long way to go. Thank you all again for helping him have a successful surgery.