All It's a distance ride. :bigtank:

Mother Nature has seen the calender, and has decided to cool off the Dez this coming weekend.:banana: I'm itching for a nice long, high speed ride, which will include a trip to the Husky. There will be a lot of 2 track, and high speed sand washes, and a section of the deepest sand I have ever been in, so if you're scared of sand, stay away.:prof:

Staging at Hodge Road off the 15 Freeway, Sunday October 9th, earlier the better, 8:30 prep, on the bikes at 9:00 at the latest. It will be around 150+ miles, which longest run in between gas stations will be 80ish miles. We will also be stopping at Slash X toward the end of the ride, with a 10 mile ride to the trucks to finish.

So who's in? :ride:

This link doesn't go out that far, but still looks promising.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=34.954618707382416&lon=-117.13348388671875&site=sgx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Still looking good.:banana:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0069

Mother Nature has seen the calender, and has decided to cool off the Dez this coming weekend.:banana: I'm itching for a nice long, high speed ride, which will include a trip to the Husky. There will be a lot of 2 track, and high speed sand washes, and a section of the deepest sand I have ever been in, so if you're scared of sand, stay away.:prof:

Staging at Hodge Road off the 15 Freeway, earlier the better, 8:30 prep, on the bikes at 9:00 at the latest. It will be around 150+ miles, which longest run in between gas stations will be 80ish miles. We will also be stopping at Slash X toward the end of the ride, with a 10 mile ride to the trucks to finish.

So who's in? :ride:

This link doesn't go out that far, but still looks promising.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...388671875&site=sgx&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Still looking good.:banana:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0069
Can I go? I so love the deep powdery silty sand.:lol: I am working anyway so don't worry.:cry: Rode myself yesterday, 40 miles of mostly singletrack. You love singletrack right?:lol::P Besides 150 miles is too much for my old body. :rolleyes:

I also forgot to mention, that the first gas stop is 30 miles in, and will be at Hinkley, which only has 87 octane. I will be starting with a full tank of 100 octane race gas, so I don't mind putting 3/4 of a gallon of regular, to 2.5 gallons of good stuff. It's 80 miles to the next stop with premium, so if this won't work for you, either bring octane booster(which doesn't work) or carry a couple of containers to push your range to 120.:prof:

Can I go? I so love the deep powdery silty sand.:lol: I am working anyway so don't worry.:cry: Rode myself yesterday, 40 miles of mostly singletrack. You love singletrack right?:lol::P Besides 150 miles is too much for my old body. :rolleyes:

It's all high speed easy. We should be lounging at the X, with refreshments & a mountain of chili cheese fries, by 2:00.:cheers:

I also forgot to mention, that the first gas stop is 30 miles in, and will be at Hinkley, which only has 87 octane. I will be starting with a full tank of 100 octane race gas, so I don't mind putting 3/4 of a gallon of regular, to 2.5 gallons of good stuff. It's 80 miles to the next stop with premium, so if this won't work for you, either bring octane booster(which doesn't work) or carry a couple of containers to push your range to 120.:prof:

I knew you'd find a way to keep me out of this.....:foul:.....Damn you TIMO.....:smirk: I WILL look into those containers you showed me though......and a mule to carry them! :cry:

I knew you'd find a way to keep me out of this.....:foul:.....Damn you TIMO.....:smirk: I WILL look into those containers you showed me though......and a mule to carry them! :cry:

If you're easy on the throttle, I think you could almost make it. Maybe bring that container you said you had, and I will be able to spare some, and with your empty container, it would be easy to transfer it over.

Just ask Tim if he'd help you out. :smirk: :run:

I'm not a mule!:prof: An ass, yes, but definitely not a mule.:smirk:

If you're easy on the throttle, I think you could almost make it. Maybe bring that container you said you had, and I will be able to spare some, and with your empty container, it would be easy to transfer it over.

2 64 oz containers = 1 gal...puts me up there at 3.2 gals? I gotta do some sizing to see how much I can carry....:thinking:...carrying that shizzle on my back makes me feel like I've a couple depth charges strapped to me....:shocked:...

My 2.2 got me roughly 60-65 miles (w/reserve)...so another 1 gal would get me another 30....:thinking:....:thinking:...:banana: wait.....:thinking:......let me get back to you you this :prof:

2 64 oz containers = 1 gal...puts me up there at 3.2 gals? I gotta do some sizing to see how much I can carry....:thinking:...carrying that shizzle on my back makes me feel like I've a couple depth charges strapped to me....:shocked:...

My 2.2 got me roughly 60-65 miles (w/reserve)...so another 1 gal would get me another 30....:thinking:....:thinking:...:banana: wait.....:thinking:......let me get back to you you this :prof:
carry another 72oz in your camel back :smirk:

Sounds like fun but I am gonna be a wuss. I have not ridden since the Geek ride so I need to get my riding stamina back. I would not be able to do the distance either on my stock tank and I have my son this weekend and I know he will be disappointed that he is going to miss out on this long, deep sand wash but oh well. He has Monday off for Columbus Day and I was thinking of heading do the desert for the day just to get some time in.