Isle of Man Insanity

Yep, how much can "YOU" stand. Not so much a question of if the rig was going to or not.

I never saw the Isle when there was a race. I drove the course in 1971. There is SOOOOOOOOO much to remember. Then you think about guys like Mike Hailwood and Joey Dunlop. All the combined wins they had there. Both died in "cages" doing what everyone does every day.

Yep, how much can "YOU" stand. Not so much a question of if the rig was going to or not.

I never saw the Isle when there was a race. I drove the course in 1971. There is SOOOOOOOOO much to remember. Then you think about guys like Mike Hailwood and Joey Dunlop. All the combined wins they had there. Both died in "cages" doing what everyone does every day.

Tell us again how you used to navigate by the stars Pappi..... Was it still a horse race in 1971?
:smirk:

Since I didnt actually see a race there in 1971 I can't fully comment. But they did still have full factory participation and the actual factory racers with the actual factory race bikes. The factories don't support it anymore as they lost so many riders to injury and even death.

joey dunlop died while riding..he was leading the 125 class when he had an off and hit a tree...there's notting like tt road racing...talk about having no fear ...fuc....crazy. .I watched some of it on irish roads..

joey dunlop died while riding..he was leading the 125 class when he had an off and hit a tree...there's notting like tt road racing...talk about having no fear ...fuc....crazy. .I watched some of it on irish roads..

Thanks for the correction. I must be recalling it wrong as I do remember a tree being involved. For some reason I had this story in my head that he was in his transporter and hit a tree at a relatively low speed.

I went over for the 2004 and 2006 TT and camped in Glenlough campsite right beside the circuit, first practice morning came and i walked to a gap in the bushes at the bpttom of our field to take some pics, lay myself down a metre outside the white line and nearly shat a brick as the first bike came past at about 180 MPH