Is this bike REALLY worth $18,500?

James

Staff member
:lol: wow :facepalm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=140608607789

$(KGrHqQOKo8E5Vi6Sb2TBOdpjZz(HQ~~60_12.JPG

2009 CRF 450 NATIONAL BIKE

Starting bid: US $18,500.00

This is a 2009 CRF 450 built for the outdoor nationals. This has MB1 Showa A kit suspension with national spring tubes that is completely fresh set up for a 160 pound rider. This suspension kit alone is 10,000 dollars. Ever single moving part in the engine was sent to eleven10 mods to be ASF (accelerated surface finish). It has a JE 13.5-1 piston, procircut cam, custom head that is ported and epoxied in the intake. There are berliyum seats and stems that are gold with 5 axis cut. This bike has procircuit springs and retainers with del west valves. Also has a boysen water pump, blue cv4 water pump hoses and a stock oem honda crank. The radiators were sent out to icw to be extended and braced and includ a 1.9 radiator cap.There is a complete hinson clutch hub basket assembly with the hinson presure plate and cover that retails for $1100 dollars. I also put sun line foot pegs on for a better girp when riding. The break roader is a braking batfly front rotar and braking back rotor. I put aftermarket red hubs and gold excle rims. The triple clamps are from applied and there is a procurcuit linkage peice. After market yoshimira exhaust. Also put renthal chain, sprockets and renthal twin wall bars. I also have the complete stock original head and cam, stock exhaust, extra set of procircuit valve springs and retainers to mod the other head. I have also remaped the ignition.

If you are looking to have the best bike as a privateer and to be a top rider this is the bike to have!!

This bike has way more things that I am possibly forgeting.

The only reason I am selling this bike is because I built it for my brother and he wants to stay on the lights bike and it is just sitting and not being used with over 30,000 dollars invested into it!!!

James

Staff member
It wont sell for that, but I know it cost more than that to build it. A kid i know has $6k in motor work on his mod250f, then suspensions, and everything else would put it well over 18k..
No I know that you can easily hit $18k, however I was referring to selling it at that price. (I worded it poorly :bonk:)

:thinking: He'd probably be better off taking the bike back to "stock" and selling the mods piece by piece. :noidea:

The poor guy who ends up buying it, hope he realizes that those engines aren't built to last. :bonk:
Oh great, now you tell me, after I already won the bid and having it shipped to the house for Geek's Forest ride. I thought this would be a great woods bike.

James

Staff member
Oh great, now you tell me, after I already won the bid and having it shipped to the house for Geek's Forest ride. I thought this would be a great woods bike.
:thinking: Just don't ride it and let me use it over TDay. :smirk: