Indoor... What have I been missing?

An indoor motocross track opened up nearby maybe a year or two ago. I hadn't been there before, but went to their opening night for this season; it was absolutely awesome.

The track is much tighter than an outdoor track, the whoops are much tighter, and indoor visibility is a whole different monster trying to pick your lines.

Overall, I must say I'm immensely impressed. I feel like this winter I may actually improve my riding for once rather than starting at square 1 when spring comes :)

The track is small, but it's tight and reasonably technical so I'm getting tired in 5-10 laps. There is only maybe 1 or 2 sections where you can even really open it up, so it's mostly about cornering cleanly and getting over what's in front of you next.

Anyone else ride indoor at regularly? I'm just sad I never found anywhere to do this sooner!

-RageD

My absolute worst mx accident to date was racing arenacross. I was in the novice class and a few of us were able to double double a quad section, this jackass I just passed decided he was going to jump 3 of them (or not) and landed on me in the middle of the 2nd double, only time I've ever had to be carted out.

I could definitely believe that. I had a close call the other night in a similar fashion, but luckily I heard his engine rev above me and was able to move over (I was already on the flat track after the jump). Since he didn't land on me though, I didn't think much of it. Good thing to be aware of anyway.

-RageD

In general riding the tight courses is the fastest way to improve control and learn to maintain momentum. Without even having access to a track you can get much more effective doing figure 8's with 20 foot straights than you would think.