Improving throttle response

Im loving my new bike so far, 2005 YZ250F. Thing rips pretty good, but its a little on the slow side compared to my 250-2. Lots of power in all the gears tho. The only thing I don't miss about the 4 stroke is that bog that you sometimes get if you hit the throttle too fast off idol. Any options on improving that? The 4 stroke carb looks pretty intimidating.......

There is a lot more to one of those than any of the two stroke motorcycle carburetors I have worked with. As with anything else, making sure that what is already there is working properly is the first thing on the list. Most of the time poor response comes from the slide being lifted too quickly for the fuel to catch up with the increased amount of air, resulting in a lean condition. The first thing I look for is something that might have already been causing a lean condition. A manual is going to be a big help to have it open and looking back and forth. If you are like me and just heard of a worthwhile mod you probably want to have what you need to do that with you when you open it up. Just don't neglect the rest for the sake of the modification.