i thought i would post these videos

just some videos i made at tomahawk mx 2 weeks ago. the track was packed with fast riders, the weather was great (for january) and no mud! im still getting used to my new bike (im not using that as an exuse to why i am slow, just i still havnt gotten down the shifting and stuff like that

James

Staff member
im still getting used to my new bike (im not using that as an exuse to why i am slow, just i still havnt gotten down the shifting and stuff like that
No need to make excuses, I'll be the first to admit that I suck. :lol:

The more seat time you get the faster it'll start clicking for you. :ride:

Couple suggestions if I may....

Keep the throttle smooth and steady, don't chop it.
Don't fight the ruts, it'll only make it worse.
Get as much seat time as possible.
Can't really tell but it looks like you stand a lot which is the correct way to do. :thumb:

BTW that's a track I'd like to ride someday.

Can't really tell but it looks like you stand a lot which is the correct way to do. :thumb:

Thanks for the advice! and "keep the throttle smooth and steady, dont chop it", my dad is always telling me the same thing haha! and yeah ruts are somthing that i really need to work on, iv always been bad at them, but i will keep practicing

James

Staff member
Thanks for the advice! and "keep the throttle smooth and steady, dont chop it", my dad is always telling me the same thing haha!
:lol: Well now you have it from a 3rd party, listen to your dad, he's right. :P
yeah ruts are somthing that i really need to work on, iv always been bad at them, but i will keep practicing
:thumb: Ruts will probably always be a PITA, you just get faster through them. :lol:

Add on a biggy, whenever things get sketchy, roll on the gas, when your rear tire is putting the power to the ground you always have more control over your bike :thumb: Nice riding though!