I learned something today.

Washing gear sucks. And washing gear with white in it(my gear doesn't have a bunch in it but a bit..) really sucks. especially when it's got mud in it that's been there for like 3 weeks.

I started by pre-rinsing it in the utili-tub(think filling it up with lukewarm water then putting all my gear in and just moving it all around to get some of the crud out)

Then I emptied the tub, put in some soap refilled with lukewarm water and cleaned them. Think like scrubbing like mad with a toothbrush(the tongue cleaner part works well on stains too...) and that pulled out the stains pretty well, but believe me it takes a LOT of time to do that with a shirt. Because of this I didn't spend so much time on my pants(they get dirty real quick anyways so..)

after that I threw them in the wash with the same soap I used in the prewash, didn't really look at them as I pulled them out of the washer and threw them into the dryer. threw them and a dryer sheet in and sat and watched joe dirt for 30 minutes.. then heard it beep and checked.

WOW they got clean. Besides a few really small faded dots(some tough mud i guess) my pants, shirt and even the roost spot on the back of my shirt looks like new!

This is the soap I used that worked really well, I would link to the site that you can buy it from but you have to be a member to see it which wouldn't be useful to most of you...

melapower.jpg

James

Staff member
An easier option I've figured out is just drop them off at the local laundromat. :smirk: For $10 they'll wash 10lbs, which usually ends up being 2-3 sets of gear (and whatever else I forgot to wash :P). :rocker:

buy new gear everytime you ride :prof:
:thumb: I use spray and wash and Tide, wash in cold, hang dry. Dryer will fade the colors. They come out all bright and shiny, but then again they are only dusty from walking around camp all day in them. Not like I go out and ride...

:thumb: I use spray and wash and Tide, wash in cold, hang dry. Dryer will fade the colors. They come out all bright and shiny, but then again they are only dusty from walking around camp all day in them. Not like I go out and ride...

Lol.

That is a good point about the dryer though.