I learned a new bar trick

Anyone else ever done this? While drinking a cold mug of beer at the bar, the napkin sticks to the bottom of the mug due to the condensation, always have to peel the napkin off every time I take a swig. The bartender grabs a saltshaker and sprinkles a little salt on the napkin and voila, no more sticking. I thought it was a really cool trick, one less hassle in life.

Anyone else ever done this? While drinking a cold mug of beer at the bar, the napkin sticks to the bottom of the mug due to the condensation, always have to peel the napkin off every time I take a swig. The bartender grabs a saltshaker and sprinkles a little salt on the napkin and voila, no more sticking. I thought it was a really cool trick, one less hassle in life.
You are just a wealth of useful information.:P I think you have to visit soon too.

James

Staff member
:thumb: They even do that at Applebee's. :lol:

I knew about that one, I just can't remember to do until the napkin is already soaked to the bone. :thumb:
It will still work.
You are just a wealth of useful information.:P I think you have to visit soon too.
Well, screw you too. :cheers:
:thumb: They even do that at Applebee's. :lol:
Crapplebees? James, James, James.......
Most of the bars I go to put the salt on the rim of the glass ... huh, :loco:......:cheers:
Well then, turn the glass upside down, sheesh.
If you weenies wouldn't use frosted glasses it wouldn't be a problem! :smirk:
Drink warm beer? no way.
A2 seems to know more about shit that doesn't matter than anyone I know. Well, next to Palmer that is. :smirk:
My reply to the Geekster applies to you as well.
I don't have this problem because I just put the napkins in my pocket for the drive home from the bar - you know, in case I barf in my truck or I get an uncontrollable case of the runs on the way home. :thumb:
Way too much info, dude.
Hmm, never heard this one before. You have to understand the root cause here. If the glass doesn't sit on the bar too long the problem is solved. Just drink faster :banana:
Problem solved.

here is a bar bet that can get you a couple free beers. ive actually done this...just dont do it with money cause it tends to start fights :lol:

here is the bet.

you bet that you can drink 2 full beers before the other guy can drink 1 shot. here are the rules. you can not touch the other guys glass what so ever. the other guy can not touch his shot glass until you are finished with your first beer. when you grab your second beer they can start drinking. once the rules are established you start drinking your first beer downing it as fast as you can like a race. Once you finish with your beer you turn the glass upside down over the other guys shot glass being careful not to touch it. Now he cant get his shot and you have all the time you need to drink your second beer so take your time and enjoy the free beer