I have a question

If your bike gets to hot can it cause it to pin wide open someone rofl me it can Im not sure and the bikes a 2 stroke
1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

yeah my friends dad's bike did the same thing at holton, your throttle cable is too tight and some point near your carb

Yea ill check it its just strange it did it 2 times and the first time it happen I had been ridding for 2 hours then it did it again. Im not sure if it could be affecting it but my clutch cable is in bad shape and I was riding in sand dunes

If its getting hott... and rpms raise... Sounds like a vac leak somewhere?

Its not really hotter than usual and what happens was it pinned and I shut it off when I started it back up it was fine then an hour later it pinned again the I rode for 20mins and we loaded up. Im taken it out Sunday to see what happens

James

Staff member
What shape is your throttle cable in? If it's frayed, replace it! A stuck throttle is serious business. :shocked:

You could also try lubing it, take both cable ends off and spray some lube in one end while pulling the cable back and forth.

What shape is your throttle cable in? If it's frayed, replace it! A stuck throttle is serious business. :shocked:

You could also try lubing it, take both cable ends off and spray some lube in one end while pulling the cable back and forth.

I know for a fact the clutch cable is pretty close to done and since winters coming I think this winter I will replace both cables and maybe new rings just for the he'll of it. How should I check if the thorotle cable is bad I mean it doesn't really seem like its stuck it snaps right back like it should

If its coming and going with the temperature of the engine... Sounds like a air leak somewhere.. .. If you have an air leak it will have erratic idle

If its coming and going with the temperature of the engine... Sounds like a air leak somewhere.. .. If you have an air leak it will have erratic idle

I don't think its the temp I start it right back up and its fine. My friend had a air leak it what it did is I wouldn't idle and only ran with the choke up

James

Staff member
I know for a fact the clutch cable is pretty close to done and since winters coming I think this winter I will replace both cables and maybe new rings just for the he'll of it. How should I check if the thorotle cable is bad I mean it doesn't really seem like its stuck it snaps right back like it should
If you have dirt/crud in there it can bind up, best thing to do is completely remove the cable and inspect it. If you hold the cable by it's outer casing the inside cable "should" move freely.