I bleed to no avail...

Alright, I dont bleed but once you read this you will understand.

My front brake is soft, it works but only when the lever is bottomed out. I bleed and bleed the brakes, no air bubbles and I pump the lever until my hand is sore and it is still way to soft. Any one have an idea of what to do so I can get this working right? and so I wont kill my self this summer going down big hills with no brakes. Thanks :thumb:

Yeah I thought about getting the moose steel braded cable
don't rely on bubbles to say your done. use 2 people, pump it 10 times, crack the bleeder while holding the lever. never let loose of that lever while the valve gets cracked. it'll squeeze in when the valve cracks open, pull it in further to keep the pressure. repeat this ten times and that'll tell you if you need something else <br>
id say, if there's no visible leakage on that line- ie, a from a hole, I'd check you master cylinder and caliper first. the seals around the piston could be bad... good investment on the braided line though. and make sure the washers are in there on both ends of the line:thumb:

don't rely on bubbles to say your done. use 2 people, pump it 10 times, crack the bleeder while holding the lever. never let loose of that lever while the valve gets cracked. it'll squeeze in when the valve cracks open, pull it in further to keep the pressure. repeat this ten times and that'll tell you if you need something else <br>
id say, if there's no visible leakage on that line- ie, a from a hole, I'd check you master cylinder and caliper first. the seals around the piston could be bad... good investment on the braided line though. and make sure the washers are in there on both ends of the line:thumb:

Im going to try that tonight then. I need to do some maintenaince any ways since i need to patch the tube and get it ready for tomorrow. going hill climbing at a friends house, scary hills and the only way down is back from where you came so i need a brake haha. Ill use my brother for some slave labor :smirk:. ill let ya know how it goes

Im going to try that tonight then. I need to do some maintenaince any ways since i need to patch the tube and get it ready for tomorrow. going hill climbing at a friends house, scary hills and the only way down is back from where you came so i need a brake haha. Ill use my brother for some slave labor :smirk:. ill let ya know how it goes
hills def suck with only one brake, especially when its only the back hahah

The braided lines are a good idea. I had brakes "fail" like that on my Sportsman. It turned out the lines would expand when under pressure, taking up the pressure that should be applied to the caliper. Just my 2 cents!

The braided lines are a good idea. I had brakes "fail" like that on my Sportsman. It turned out the lines would expand when under pressure, taking up the pressure that should be applied to the caliper. Just my 2 cents!

Go away Buckrun... your 2 cents are worth nothing here... :lol:. Just kidding man, I looked up those cables, I can get them through my work for half off so hell yeah im going to get some. I still haven't went out to the garage yet, over ate on pizza and now I think im dieing. But, once it settles ill see whats up.

I'm insulted My-blue-beast! For real!

Don't tell me to go away or tell me my 2 cents are worth nothing!

You live in S Dakota. That is evil, devil, flatland, crazy suicidal, "F**K me! I live here"" sucks balls! place to live!

I would shoot myself in the head if I had to live there!

It's good in the summer,but it get's bad quick in the winter.

I'm insulted My-blue-beast! For real!

Don't tell me to go away or tell me my 2 cents are worth nothing!

You live in S Dakota. That is evil, devil, flatland, crazy suicidal, "F**K me! I live here"" sucks balls! place to live!

I would shoot myself in the head if I had to live there!

It's good in the summer,but it get's bad quick in the winter.

shit man its a little joke, but oh well.... Whatever you say I guess

I'm good with it. I lived the Dakota's for a while. I did N and S Dakota on my bike solo. It was just so lonely! Nothing higher than a fence post for miles! For days! That was cool in it's own right. I appreciated that for what it was. I saw everything there was to see! It was so windy, I was riding at a bad angle to the road. It was so crazy, I had to get new tires in Wyoming, in Cheyenne. Nobody has taken a more Epic ride than this, in my mind anyway. I did the USA on a bike! this was just a chunk, the one you mentioned...you rausted my memory banks! North Dakota is a suicide. South Dakota has cool places. Devils Peak, the AWESOME Badlands, Cody State Park, just a cool place in the west part of the state...I digress My Blue Beast if you live there. You got me started! Are we good?

I'm good with it. I lived the Dakota's for a while. I did N and S Dakota on my bike solo. It was just so lonely! Nothing higher than a fence post for miles! For days! That was cool in it's own right. I appreciated that for what it was. I saw everything there was to see! It was so windy, I was riding at a bad angle to the road. It was so crazy, I had to get new tires in Wyoming, in Cheyenne. Nobody has taken a more Epic ride than this, in my mind anyway. I did the USA on a bike! this was just a chunk, the one you mentioned...you rausted my memory banks! North Dakota is a suicide. South Dakota has cool places. Devils Peak, the AWESOME Badlands, Cody State Park, just a cool place in the west part of the state...I digress My Blue Beast if you live there. You got me started! Are we good?

No worries man we're good. Didn't mean to offend with my last post. And you are right its flatt out east, windy as hell to. West is awesome, the black hillhave some of the best riding in the states in my opinion. We're good.

Well sh*t... I found what happened. I must have puntured the line on my last wreck. there is a very very small leak right where the bottom banjo bolt is. Guess I need a new line, braided cables here i come