Husqvarna to Beta

Long time Husky Dealership throws in the towel. George Erl of UpTite Husqvarna changes brands after over 40 years of promoting the brand. He dropped the brand and has turned his pop shop into the Family owned Italian bike brand Beta. Looking at them bikes they sure are purdy. Look out, it is never to late to teach an old dog new tricks. It is no surprise that he bailed on the company, after all, all the racers did to. BMW/HNA can't get there shit together after 4 years of ownership it's not a good sign. I am happy that he will still be making add-on parts for the Husky bikes as production rolls out each year but getting real parts as his stock dwindles will be a shipment from another dealer. If you have a chance, take a look at the Beta line up, Very nice machines and priced like KTM.

Long time Husky Dealership throws in the towel. George Erl of UpTite Husqvarna changes brands after over 40 years of promoting the brand. He dropped the brand and has turned his pop shop into the Family owned Italian bike brand Beta. Looking at them bikes they sure are purdy. Look out, it is never to late to teach an old dog new tricks. It is no surprise that he bailed on the company, after all, all the racers did to. BMW/HNA can't get there shit together after 4 years of ownership it's not a good sign. I am happy that he will still be making add-on parts for the Husky bikes as production rolls out each year but getting real parts as his stock dwindles will be a shipment from another dealer. If you have a chance, take a look at the Beta line up, Very nice machines and priced like KTM.

NOW what are ya going to do Palmer??? 3Bros is a nice little shop...they sell Husky's too! :smirk:

NOW what are ya going to do Palmer??? 3Bros is a nice little shop...they sell Husky's too! :smirk:

He will still do all the repairs and R&D for add on goodies no matter what year the bike is, He still bleeds Husqvarna, they just screwed up by hiring a bunch of KTM Fag Rat bastards that got bought out by BMW/HNA.

No worries here! :prof:

James

Staff member
This guy?

DSC02515.jpg

Would this be considered pretty big news in the Husky world?

He will still do all the repairs and R&D for add on goodies no matter what year the bike is, He still bleeds Husqvarna, they just screwed up by hiring a bunch of KTM Fag Rat bastards that got bought out by BMW/HNA.

No worries here! :prof:

Not worrying, just pulling your chain. You're right abotu riders jumping ship. Nick Burson is now with Kawasaki .. came in 2nd in Laughlin's BITD Hare Scrambles last weekend. In fact Team Green took the top 9 places in that race. 10th place went to Yamaha.

James

Staff member
Not worrying, just pulling your chain. You're right abotu riders jumping ship. Nick Burson is now with Kawasaki .. came in 2nd in Laughlin's BITD Hare Scrambles last weekend. In fact Team Green took the top 9 places in that race. 10th place went to Yamaha.
While I enjoy hearing that Team Green is doing work, I thought KTM had a lot of the off road stuff tied up? :noidea:

correct me if im wrong, but hasnt beta been making trials bikes for years with their own engines but recently switched from ktm for the dirtbikes?

Yes, they have been doing trials bikes with their own motor. They recently bailed on the KTM motor and did their own thing. Separate trans and engine oil, no cross contamination more oil in each chamber than the KTM motor or the Husky for that matter. Uptite is going to focus on the Dual Sport bikes and do add on goodies, if someone wants the other models he will order it up. The Company is excited to have George on board with them because they know he is into the betterment of the company. Only 3 dealers in So Cal. They also don't force a dealer to carry all the bikes so inventory will be whats on hand and what is ordered. only takes a couple weeks to get a bike from the factory. They are expensive though, right up there with the flooded market of the cool aiders. It's to bad that HNA has decided to have a throw away bike, they are not making parts as fast as the new bikes break and people are getting a little pissed. I have to admit, I love my Huskies but man, that company is starting to shit in their own pants.