All Hungry Valley CA questions

My son and I are just getting into dirt riding...as in, he hasn't even been out on his CRF70F yet. Hungry valley is closest to us and my plan is to take him out in a big open area, free of other riders so that I can teach him the basics and let him get a feel for it.

Would hungry valley be a good place to go? Also, do I need to buy a day pass ahead of time? Or will there be someone to buy it from when we get there? I've heard H.V. can get busy and annoying...what do you guys think?

Thx in advance!

You need to go all the way to the back Smith Fork camp ground it has got the most open area to learn on this is where I taught both my girls to ride if you want less people a week day would be best.

There is also a small kids track there as well.

They will collect the fee at the front gate 5 for a day 10 to camp.

You need to go all the way to the back Smith Fork camp ground it has got the most open area to learn on this is where I taught both my girls to ride if you want less people a week day would be best.

There is also a small kids track there as well.

They will collect the fee at the front gate 5 for a day 10 to camp.

Where in the hell have you been? Not seen or heard anything since Turkeyday! :noidea:

Cool thanks for the advice guys. The only place I've ever ridden is Ballinger Canyon and wasn't crazy at all on the weekend but it was also quite a hike from where we live. I just don't want him to have to worry about other riders until he's super comfortable with the bike.

If your looking for the largest, most open area to learn from scratch. El Mirage can't be beat. Especially during the week, it's empty. Only $15 per vehicle and they have countless campgrounds with shaded benches and pit bathrooms. You can also stop and set up camp near the lakebed. And obviously extremely open and flat along the lakebed. With easy marked trails branching out to most directions of the park taking you into/around the hills. Nearly 25,000 acres of space.

Let me translate. "Kiss my :moon: I'm going to Alaska and even if I do get home in time to go, I don't want to ride the trees with you dipshits" :smirk:

Wrong :prof:

Correct translation.....

"Kiss my :moon: I'm going to Alaska and even if I do get home in time to go, I'm too much of a pussy to ride the trees with you studs"

:busted:

:thinking::prof:

Correct translation.....

"Kiss my :moon: I'm going to Alaska and even if I do get home in time to go, I'm too much of a pussy to ride the trees with you studs"

:busted:[/QUOTE]

OUCH!:foul::thinking: :thinking: :kissass: